• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Slick Willy did the same thing. Secret Service rents a guest house on the grounds of their Chappaqua, NY home.

Real nice, huh? Get secret service protection on the backs of the taxpayers and you charge them rent!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    When we have a Congress and President ready and willing to create and enforce laws that make themselves kings and queens of a nation of slaves, does this really surprise us anymore?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    It's actually far from the worst treatment that protectees have been said to treat the USSS; however I doubt this will fall under the budget cuts, so what other program will be losing money, that was deemed "less important" for an agency struggling to convert from MP5s to M4s there's several weapons that could have been allocated. Pennies in the face of trillions but despicable behavior nonetheless.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Read the article. Apparently they rent a building anyway. They approached him because his was on the market. It makes sense in this particular case. I don't see a problem with it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Read the article. Apparently they rent a building anyway. They approached him because his was on the market. It makes sense in this particular case. I don't see a problem with it.

If they were a protective detail for someone else and Biden was making a quick buck off of their needs...I'd still be frustrated, but it's his property. In this case, however, the people paying him rent are the people being paid to protect his sorry rear. It's like making your chauffeur pay for parking in your driveway, to me.

Top Bottom