• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    So last night I went outside to smoke and noticed my back driver side tire was going flat...S*%&... So this morning I did some calling around to find out what the cost of getting it plugged would be... Called Discount Tire just south of 86th street on Michigan Rd. and they said that they would plug it for free and the other shops I called had said it would be between $15-$18 for the plug.... So I get to Discount and the guy helping me comes outside to talk to me about my truck tire and notices I'm OCing my G30 and asks if I ever get hassled for open carrying and I said," Only by the wife." We had a little chuckle and he takes my tire in the shop to do a leak test and finds out that the valve stem was leaking pretty badly.... S*%&... I asked him if they have any used tires in my size.... They don't carry anything in 14" rims... S*%&... He said that he would replace my valve stem free of charge because I didn't need a plug... AWESOME!!... Then he tells me that because the tire had already been plugged previously that it was against company policy to air up tires that have been plugged already... S*%&.... Asked if I had an air compressor that I could fill it up with... No I do not but I could take it to the gas station and fill it up... He comes out about 10 minutes later and tells me that he went ahead and filled the tire for me... AWESOME!!... And as he is loading my tire into the back of my van he says," Thanks for protecting me and the innocent civilians while you were here." So I decided that it would be appropriate to tip this nice young man for his excellent service. Pulled out a $20 and handed it to him and thanked him for being awesome and he says," Thats not necessary." "I know." Then I left and thought that this would be something that should be shared here on INGO. :rockwoot:

I felt that this guy deserved the $20 I would have spent elsewhere for less than excellent service because he was so awesome. :+1: for Discount Tire

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Very nice of both of you!

I've purchased several sets of tires from that particular Discount Tire, and get my lifetime rotate/balance done every few months. They even set my wife and I up with new tires after a blowout in a snowstorm last year. Credited the remaining treadwear of the old tires towards the price of the new, even though they were completely different brands. Knocked off a couple hundred bucks (her car takes stupid expensive tires) and had us back on the road in about an hour.

They always do an outstanding job, and I always OC.

Thanks for sharing!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been a customer of Discount for many years now, and started because of their free repair policy! Have always gotten good service and decent prices from them!

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Discount is where i always go for my tires. and most of the time they will match tireracks price within 5-10 dollars which is always nice

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    nice youg man?

Your experience sounds positive. But I work as a correctional officer and i have found that many of these "tire" places don't hire "trained technicans". They hire thugs straight out of jail and soon to be on there way back!!:xmad:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have done business, with Discount Tire, and have been VERY pleased, with the service, I have recieved. Bought tires here in Indy, and went to Tx., and had a tire problem, tire was NOT repairable, but thanks to the warranty, I got a new tire, for the price of the warranty, $12.00 I think...:yesway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    glad to hear about such a good encounter. And glad to hear about their services. Have not been to them, but glad to know about them in case.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Discount Tire is very good with their prices and service. I'm calling bs on not being able to air up tires that have been plugged before. Due to all of the new roofs from hail damage being put on houses in my neighborhood I had the same tire plugged and aired up 3 times. Last time I went I got a GREAT deal on new tires that noone else could even come close to matching.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Whatever man. You have such a positive outlook. Im sure all of your inmates love you. Recidivism rates are such because of people like you.
    Your experience sounds positive. But I work as a correctional officer and i have found that many of these "tire" places don't hire "trained technicans". They hire thugs straight out of jail and soon to be on there way back!!:xmad:

Top Bottom