Big: Majority Leader of House, Eric Cantor, projected to lose to Dave Brat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Even the NYT is reporting that, if nothing else, this signals 2 things: illegal invader reform is dead in the House and Boehner has ZERO chance of retaining his GOP House leadership position after the November elections.

If it weren't so late already this evening, I'd have to break out the alcohol and celebrate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's about time that 'Average Joe' Americans realize who actually runs this country. And it's NOT 'big money politicians', from any party.

In the near future it'd be a very good idea to push hard for term limits for every elected office, Local, State, or Federal.

How about term limits for EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE FROM DOG CATCHER TO THE PRESIDENT.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Kirk Freeman;

"According to the Code of Virginia's section on candidates and elections (24.2-520),
    candidates filing for a primary must sign a statement agreeing that if they lose, their
    names cannot be printed on ballots for the general election. Meaning, if a candidate
    in the Republican primary for the 5th District loses on June 8, he or she cannot run as a
    third-party candidate in November. "

Virginia's 'sore loser' law could affect 5th District primary lineup - WSLS 10 NBC in Roanoke/Lynchburg Va

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    gracias-a-dios.jpg

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    This is great news! My wife asked me why I was smiling earlier...I told her the "radicals", those interested in smaller gov'mt, lower taxes, individual freedom, and the support of the constitution had taken another step forward.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Cantor lost ELEVEN points after outspending the opposition TWENTY-FIVE TO ONE. (OpenSecrets shows Brat only raised $200,000 to Cantor's FIVE AND A HALF MILLION.) How tone-deaf do you have to be to lose that much, by that much, for so little?

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    "I'm sure the Democrats are celebrating. At least now they have a shot to take the seat. "

The district is a historic +15 for Republicans.

That may be true. But they had zero chance against Canter. Now, at least they have an opportunity. I am very happy a back-stabber like Canter is gone. I just think it opens the possibility for the Dems.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    That may be true. But they had zero chance against Canter. Now, at least they have an opportunity. I am very happy a back-stabber like Canter is gone. I just think it opens the possibility for the Dems.

In a plus fifteen district? We're more likely to see a sharknado than a demon-rat claiming that seat.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I have nothing to say about this.

Wait! Low turnout primary favors the zealots. How will the majority of Republicans feel when they realize their choice is between the Tea party and a Democrat? I don't know the dynamics there.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Heh, the GOP made their bed with the tea party, and now they have to sleep in it.

Uhhh... no... the "GOP" doesn't speak, the CITIZENS speak. They are the owners of the government. They are not pawns to be manipulated by the Party. That fact seems to be lost on most Statists in general and Democrats in specific. Lately especially, it has been lost on the Republican establishment as well. Yesterday , the CITIZENS spoke. We are now going to hear a crap ton of blathering from the irrelevant press and all of the Democrat Machine. Look for the number of idiot trolls to go up around here in the next months. That is a smoke screen. The truth is, THEY are scared of we, the People. This sort of thing needs to happen more often in more places.

FZ - that wasn't a case of low turnout - it was an ass kicking. No matter how you look at it.

Top Bottom