• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    So as some of you saw in my other thread I am selling my Hi-Point this weekend to upgrade to a better pistol.. I am selling it to a friend of mine, I plan on typing up a bill of sale, just wanted everyones input on what all it should say.

Im guess my name and address, his name and adress, the date, signatures, and model and serial number of the pistol

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I did purchase it new at bradis.... I always wondered why the sales guy was snickering...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So as some of you saw in my other thread I am selling my Hi-Point this weekend to upgrade to a better pistol.. I am selling it to a friend of mine, I plan on typing up a bill of sale, just wanted everyones input on what all it should say.

I'm guess my name and address, his name and address, the date, signatures, and model and serial number of the pistol

I recently sold a handgun to a fellow member. I typed out a receipt of sale. Saying, that he was taking ownership of said gun, and included the serial number and date of purchase. I had him print and sign his name. I also got his address and LTCH number.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    At a minimum I would get his Social Security Number and Mother's maiden name. Anything else you can get is gravy, employer, annual income, passwords on their computer, etc.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Last one I bought we met halfway somewhere on SR 37. He got in my car, I examined the gun, paid him, we shook and went our merry ways. Nothing was asked or written down. I don't know his name and he don't know mine. Ain't that the way it's supposed to be?

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    True, bj. But from what I have read on the BATFE site the burdens and penalties are all placed upon the seller. I have not seen where the buyer would be in any trouble with BATFE. Maybe with local LE but that's a whole nuther can of worms. If I am mistaken someone please correct me.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last one I bought we met halfway somewhere on SR 37. He got in my car, I examined the gun, paid him, we shook and went our merry ways. Nothing was asked or written down. I don't know his name and he don't know mine. Ain't that the way it's supposed to be?

+1 I've done it both ways, but thats the way I prefer it.

IMO, there's a difference between giving a FFL your info and giving a stranger the same info. There are just a few FFL's that I know well enough to trust with my info.... I would have to trust the info would be somewhat safe guarded.

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I'm unsure why some folks "require" a BoS, I can understand a ID or LTCF.

Why worry about covering your ass? if police come to your door just say you sold it and get lost. If they suspect you of the crime oh well, they won't have any proof since you didn't commit the crime. Might as well forge a made up BoS and give to police, its worth as much as the BoSs you all get.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm unsure why some folks "require" a BoS, I can understand a ID or LTCF.

Why worry about covering your ass? if police come to your door just say you sold it and get lost. If they suspect you of the crime oh well, they won't have any proof since you didn't commit the crime. Might as well forge a made up BoS and give to police, its worth as much as the BoSs you all get.

Each party exchancing glances at a DL and LTCH is ideally what I prefer.

Saying that tho, I can understand why some prefer a BoS. It gives them peace of mind... The same peace of mind I prefer by not allowing a stranger to record private info from my DL or LTCH.

Top Bottom