Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Brownsburg, IN
    Revisions to Indiana Senate Bill 6

Some additional revised text:

Senate Bill 0006

SOURCE: IC 35-47-5-2; (12)SB0006.1.1. --> SECTION 1. IC 35-47-5-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012]: Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a detachable blade that
    [STRIKE](1) opens automatically; or[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE](2)[/STRIKE] may be [STRIKE]propelled [/STRIKE]ejected from the handle as a projectile
    by [STRIKE]hand pressure applied to a button, device containing[/STRIKE] means of gas, a spring, or any other device contained in the handle of the knife.

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    There's no exemption built in for National guard, either. Present law is universally appliccable across Indiana.
    HB

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Bill had it's first reading in the House and has been referred to the Committee on Public Policy ... so its been started through the House.

My guess is it wont make it through the House until the end of February. If the House has no amendments it should go quick after that ... if there are amendments, probably another month or so to sort them out between the Houses.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Aren't they in a short session this year ( meaning two months in session I think)? If so and they are working on the timeframe Hit outlined it sounds like it may not make it out this year after all. :(

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    if its passed both the senate and house, then it has to be signed by the Gov. THEN the law will be adjusted and auto knives will be legal on July 1.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    A friend of mine had this to say when I asked her about the current progress of the bill (she works in the statehouse): "I checked it out. It has been assigned to the House Committee on Public Policy. It'll have to pass out of that committee, then will be put up for amendments on 2nd reading on the House floor, then they will vote on it on 3rd reading on the House floor, and if they dont amend it in the committee or the House it will go to the governor. If the House amends it then it will have to go back to the Senate. If the Senate likes the amendments and they vote yes, it will go to the governor. If the Senate votes no it will go to a conference committee where both floors will send members and they will come out with a compromised bill then both floors will vote on the compromise. then if it passes both houses it will go to the governor. I have seen this bill being presented in the Senate committee and I dont think there was any oposition ot it, so I think it should be fine on getting the gov's signature."

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    UpDate from Jim Tomes

If any of you are interested in getting SB 6 (Repeal of the
    ban on switchblade knives) that I got passed out of the Senate on a 49 to 1
    vote, which is also supported by the Indiana State Police you might want to
    e-mail Rep. Davis who Chairs the Public Policy committee in the House where the
    bill now lies.

It would help to get it a hearing, time is short. You can
    e-mail Rep. Davis at

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact-lsa-2-5.pl?data=h033

Jim Tomes

Last edited:
    Top Bottom