• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Don't be sorry I have a sense of humor and don't get caught up in stuff that doesn't affect me ;). I wish there were more people like Jim Jones. They don't have to kill the crazy/dumb people but they are more than welcome to get them out of my country!

So I take it that the murder of innocent children, (over half were children that were not there by choice) oops my bad, I ment crazy/dumb children is just fine with you, as long as it gets them out of your country?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So I take it that the murder of innocent children, (over half were children that were not there by choice) oops my bad, I ment crazy/dumb children is just fine with you, as long as it gets them out of your country?
    See above... Oh Yeah!

p.s. where do you find your statistics at?

In all, 918 people died, including over 270 children- from Wikipedia

They only started in Indiana, the cult was from San Francisco. Go figure:rolleyes:

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i think it is hillarious and plan on going to hacienda and tell them i am there b/c i think its a great advertisment. Come one people have a sense of humor and quite being so sensitive

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

No, Remember I was there. Most were not children. I unpacked a lot of transfer cases and most were adults.

Last edited:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I understand being sensitive, but I kind of think it was funny too.

Wolfman, honest question... Are you offended when people on this forum refer to the Glock Kool-aid or "insert manufacturer name here" Kool-aid. It refers to the same thing, but I've never seen anyone be offended by it.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Great marketing ploy.

Great marketing ploy. They take town the billboard they paid for. Yahoo and other news outlets write stories about it. They get print and air time without paying any additional funds.................BRILLIANT And we continue to write and talk about it and send links to the article, we are working for their marketing department for free.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I have to agree with Kick, E5Ranger and everyone else who found it funny. Death happens, have some fun while you're still alive guys...Is it funny kids died, no, not really...does the billboard up change anything and bring them back? Nope. That's a one way ticket. Is it sick to think it's funny? Maybe. IF so, sign me up...I'm ok with that.

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I think they would not have had an issue if they would have left out the " To die for "

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It made me laugh and then it made me laugh again when I had to explain it to people...and these weren't just the 18 and 19 year olds in my classes. An older student (mid to late 40s) and the professor (late 50s) had no clue what it was about.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Great marketing ploy. They take town the billboard they paid for. Yahoo and other news outlets write stories about it. They get print and air time without paying any additional funds.................BRILLIANT And we continue to write and talk about it and send links to the article, we are working for their marketing department for free.

HAHA you beat me to it.

Best marketing tactics ever.

Pay for an offensive ad. Wait for someone to complain, then pull add, saying "We are sorry, we did not mean to offend!". Send story to every news source you can find.

Q: How much does it cost to advertise on Yahoo? A: How cheap can you negotiate a billboard lease?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm sorry you find humor in something that reminds people that Jim Jones lured almost 1,000 people from his Indianapolis Indiana church, to their death in ***, as someone put it *** another country.

Friend, when you've seen death and destruction on any kind of scale, you either find a sense of humor about it, or go dig a hole and crawl into it so the world won't hurt you anymore. I've buried friends who've died due to accidents (one of which I witnessed). You either find a way to laugh, or give it up.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    People seem to cry about everything that is funny in this country. If you dont like a sign or commercial then you dont have to do business with that company, but dont ruin it for the rest of us.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Friend, when you've seen death and destruction on any kind of scale, you either find a sense of humor about it, or go dig a hole and crawl into it so the world won't hurt you anymore. I've buried friends who've died due to accidents (one of which I witnessed). You either find a way to laugh, or give it up.

There is even a name for this...
    Gallows Humor. Laughter is truly a great medicine... ;)

Top Bottom