• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    So, it appears we defeated Bin Laden a while ago. He's been "living" in a self-imposed prison for 6 years - no going outside (at least in the daytime), no travel, no communication, no big screen, no internet, no workout room. No bacon. Just heavy curtains and the smell of burning trash.

Wait, his prison is worse than ours here. Maybe he should have surrendered long ago and had it easy. And a civilian trial!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nonsense. He was an enemy combatant waging perpetual war on us, to his last breath, and beyond.

Yes, he was, however, the OP is far from nonsense. What he had there was far from any form of comfortable living. The point, as I see it, is that he was being punished... nowhere near sufficiently, IMHO... but the punishment was of his own making.

Some will say he won, but the fact is... we're still exchanging CO2 and oxygen. He's not. I rather like the idea that the SEALs covered his body in bacon grease before he got dumped over the side of the ship. I don't know that it happened that way, but I like to think it did.

God bless America.

Bill

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Still better than living in a cave

^This

Plus just becuase you have "internet" and can "walk during daytime" <> (does not equal) a "good" life. It all depends on who's point of view you are looking at it from. He hated america and he spent a good part of his life finding ways to kill "the american idea".

This article talks about the cost of hunting him down at $3 trillion.
    The cost of bin Laden: $3 trillion over 15 years - Yahoo! News

The article talks about how when the russians invade afghan his (OBLs) strategy an economic one (bankrupty of a country) which eventually came for Russian. HHe (OLB) did talk about the bankrupty of america as well and we are close to it.

Yes from our perspective it's better to be alive and walk "free" but recall that his way of life, his way of thinking, his culture is not ours so we can't compare apples to apples per say.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    So, it appears we defeated Bin Laden a while ago. He's been "living" in a self-imposed prison for 6 years - no going outside (at least in the daytime), no travel, no communication, no big screen, no internet, no workout room. No bacon. Just heavy curtains and the smell of burning trash.

Wait, his prison is worse than ours here. Maybe he should have surrendered long ago and had it easy. And a civilian trial!

This is a point well taken. His prison was self imposed, probably out of perpetual fear.
    I would imagine that he was thinking that his life could end the way it did every day of his life. Unfortunately, we don't know how he really viewed his future death, but we could get a clue by his act of cowardice - using his wife for a human shield.

Top Bottom