• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Seems like I have seen many stories on this, the one thing that comes to mind is that he is mad cause of his benefits, I would think when he sighned up for the service he was aware that he had to put in 20yrs in order to get the benefits. I applaud him for his service to our country but a rule is a rule, I may be wrong but I work with a guy that has been on 3 tours over in the sand box and he feels that if he has to do 20 everyone else should also unless they are hurt in battle.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    He's had enough happen to him he should be able to get compensation. I'm collecting from the BS I went through. I couldn't talk about a lot of stuff because there's no official AAR that they can get at the VA. But I guarantee he can get coverage. Hell I just through a letter in the trash about SGLI vendors even though I'm out. You can still get the stuff dirt cheap compared to civilians. I feel bad for the guy about work. Everyone from my platoon is screwed in that area. Most stayed in because they saw how bad it was for some of us. I'm stuck carrying a gun and body armor for the rest of my life because I have no transferable skill set other than making people dead and being sneaky. Can't be a cop because my back is destroyed and I have a very short temper quite often. I should've never took the option of getting out, but I would've hated pushing a desk because I was messed up.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I thought someone was questioning the part where they shot a non-combatant in his home and dumped his body in the ocean.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    I thought someone was questioning the part where they shot a non-combatant in his home and dumped his body in the ocean.

There are many things about this whole Bin Laden deal that stink & need to be questioned.

The very same people that bragged about all the useful intel that they got from KSM after torturing him a gazillion times are the very same people that think killing, not capturing and "interrogating" OSB was the "right call":noway:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Have you ever been overseas? Have you ever been on a snatch and grab op that's gone south? You ever been after something in a country you're not supposed to be in where you have no idea what's going to happen?

1) It's OBL, should be a no brainer to expect the unexpected.

2) The mission was capture or kill at all costs. Someone gets in the way you deal with them, especially if there's the remotest possibility of a suicide vest/hand grenade.

3) What are you gonna do if he's reaching? Talk to him? Use harsh language? F@#$ that, you're on a time is of the essence type of thing, considering a military academy/base and a police station is right down the road, and you just crashed a helicopter, blew up several walls, and went loud. He doesn't give up, drop him with the utmost prejudice.

4) Would you really not shoot the man responsible for 6,000 Americans death and counting, not to mention your failed marriage, kids you've never met, and hundreds of deployments on top of all of the people you killed?

5) By the time they found him he was so out of the loop on what's going on the only information that could be gleaned is old intel from his computers, because I guarantee he wouldn't talk. He had nothing to lose. KSM talked, didn't he? You go watch your buddies get vaporized and find the bastard that did it. You think they'd show you kindness if they captured you? There's reasons we go through interrogation resistance/SERE schools. It's not a nice world.

There are no groups threatening or acting on the behest of OBL or calling for his release from GITMO. Because he's dead. The last vestiges of AQ are fading away or branching into other causes, but they're broke, and unless you've spent an inordinate amount of time with these guys, you'd never know how disorganized their chain of command is these days. Don't armchair politician things, it's an insult to the men and women that destroy their lives so many can live. That side of war isn't about rights, or "fighting for or freedom". It's about serving up the revenge everybody was foaming at the mouth for and promised 12 years ago.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    He's had enough happen to him he should be able to get compensation. I'm collecting from the BS I went through. I couldn't talk about a lot of stuff because there's no official AAR that they can get at the VA. But I guarantee he can get coverage. Hell I just through a letter in the trash about SGLI vendors even though I'm out. You can still get the stuff dirt cheap compared to civilians. I feel bad for the guy about work. Everyone from my platoon is screwed in that area. Most stayed in because they saw how bad it was for some of us. I'm stuck carrying a gun and body armor for the rest of my life because I have no transferable skill set other than making people dead and being sneaky. Can't be a cop because my back is destroyed and I have a very short temper quite often. I should've never took the option of getting out, but I would've hated pushing a desk because I was messed up.
    it's almost like being institutionalized in prison.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Is a general a 'non combatant' because he doesn't personally pull the trigger? He was anything but a non-combatant.

I'm calling BS on this one Rambone.

Also how do you know what they really did with him?

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    it's almost like being institutionalized in prison.

I'd rather be in prison than a POG.

After my unit deactivated I outfitted, trained, and deployed transition teams. The gear and leading OPFOR guerilla ops against bigger forces was fun. But once they were in play it was all admin and dead letter writing. That's a fate worse than death for a guy with my skill sets. But my now ex wanted me done before my next deployment so I rode the desks and armory/NBC room for a year, turned down a number of awesome assignments and recruiters. I could've been doing more, or I could be dead, and I think about it daily when I go to the VA or talk to buddies overseas on there umpteenth deployment to who knows where. Had I known my wife would've screwed around me while I was gone, and left me years later for being a monster (undiagnosed PTSD+booze= not good) I would've took one of those job offers and fought till I couldn't pull a trigger anymore.

I'll be back on later, I actually have to go to the VA today and get my spine screwed with. Price you pay to play with awesome toys, yada, yada, yada...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is a general a 'non combatant' because he doesn't personally pull the trigger? He was anything but a non-combatant.

I'm calling BS on this one Rambone.

Also how do you know what they really did with him?
    Am I wrong for having doubts? Just read the official story. So it goes, the team went into Pakistan (not a warzone, btw), and broke into a Pakistani's house. There they found an occupant (allegedly Osama Bin Laden) hiding behind a woman. The occupant was not resisting in any way or acting aggressive (on record). They got within "10 inches of his head", shot him in the skull and twice more in the body. Then they took the body and dumped it in the ocean.

This is the official government story. No effort to interview him. No plausible explanation for destroying the evidence. No photographs. No effort to prove a thing to the public.

After a decade of 9/11 inconsistencies, a 9/11 Commission that is full of holes, multiple reports of bin Laden's death, dodgy looking Bin Laden lookalike videos, evidence that OBL was on the CIA payroll, bin Laden denying 9/11 on record, and Trillions of American dollars spent on war and creating a domestic police state... is this ridiculous story enough for you?

Nothing has been proven. We've accepted the greatest expansions of government and galloping leaps toward fascism without any proof. Maybe OBL was guilty, maybe he wasn't. Maybe a guy was killed in Pakistan, maybe not. Maybe the alleged dead guy was OBL, maybe it wasn't. Maybe the alleged body got dumped into the ocean, maybe it didn't. Who the hell knows.

We are just taxpayers and we don't get to know the truth. Now that assassinations are acceptable and officially extended to U.S. citizens, I'm sure we'll get some more opportunities to see people getting whacked with no evidence, no trial, no due process, no photographs, and no proof. Its the new American way.

Gniks18

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    would/should a U.S. citizen who fought for the Axis have been hands off?

It's one thing to shoot someone on the battlefield, but it's a totally different thing to hit someone (a 16 yr old at that) with a hellfire missile while he's not engaged in any terrorist activity.

Sets a ****ty precedent. Then there's also that thing called "due process".

Additionally, we also don't firebomb or nuke civilian populations anymore, so your comparison is a moot point.

Gniks18

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    I'm not really sure what Hitler has to do with drone strikes on us citizens being permitted.

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    It's one thing to shoot someone on the battlefield, but it's a totally different thing to hit someone (a 16 yr old at that) with a hellfire missile while he's not engaged in any terrorist activity.

Sets a ****ty precedent. Then there's also that thing called "due process".

Additionally, we also don't firebomb or nuke civilian populations anymore, so your comparison is a moot point.

16yo kids are terrorists. Collateral damage happens. Maybe if those people would so taking the crap and diming them out to ISAF, our good forbid LEAVE, they wouldn't have to worry about it.
    These #######@@(/&$4)/&$ jackwagons kill, rape, and torture innocent men women and kids, based of a blind hatred bright on by religious fanaticism. If you think they shouldn't feel the wrath and be wiped from the face of the earth, then you must have your head in the sand. I'd rather kill them from a Mike away then risk the deaths of soldiers by sending them in to capture them and waste more resources feeding and housing them, only to release them later so they can start again.

Gniks18

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    I did have my head in the sand. I fought in Iraq. USMC infantry. I could be lying about my credentials but at this point in my life I could give two ****s about proving myself. Point is, I'm intimately familiar with the realities of combat in the Middle East, the political and cultural ramifications of both these programs and US involvement in the Middle East.

The specific example I'm referring to was an American citizen aged 16 years who was targeted by the drone program and killed due to his alleged close proximity to fanatical sects. If you read the fine print of the drone program it essentially states that someone only needs to be suspected of supporting illegal activities.

Pretty vague language is used which you will see if you are so inclined to read it for yourself. Essentially circumvents all constitutional protections and rights granted to US citizens.

Top Bottom