• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Long Article but eye opening. This should be printed and left in break rooms, pinned to bulletin boards, emailed to everyone in your contacts list, and required reading for every American.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/03/bingo_call_it_communism_1.html
    March 03, 2009
    By Randall Hoven

I once wrote that we could play "Communist Manifesto Bingo": once President Obama enacts or strengthens five planks from the Communist Manifesto, yell "bingo" and you win. One month into President Obama's first term, BINGO!

I did change my own game rules just a tad. Instead of using the exact planks from Marx, which can be ambiguous for some people, I'm using a more detailed list from the current Communist Party USA. The CPUSA provides its platform on its website . Find "Election 2008" and go to "Click here to download PDF." I saved you the trouble, though, and listed the CPUSA's platform in a nice outline, below.

(Just for you anti-conspiracy buffs, note that I am not dredging up Marx himself, or something written by an anti-communist decades ago. I am citing the exact words of the Communist Party of the USA itself, as it exists right now. I encourage you to visit the CPUSA's web site. Obama's presidency is animating for them; the excitement vibrates through almost every article. The National Chair calls it a "new era." I'm not making this up.)

1. Immediate Relief

1.1 A moratorium on foreclosures and evictions.

1.2 Reset mortgages so payments are affordable.

1.3 No bailouts for banks.

1.4 Extend unemployment compensation, increase payments and eligibility.

1.5 Increase food stamps, WIC, children's health ins., low income energy assistance.

1.6 Assist state and local governments.

1.7 Fund "ready-to-go" infrastructure projects.

2. A Peacetime, Green Jobs Economy for All

2.1 Enact massive public works.

2.2 Make existing buildings energy efficient.

2.3 Construct new schools, affordable housing, mass transit and bridges.

2.4 Major clean, affordable energy dvpt project for solar, wind, and biomass.

2.5 Program to cut greenhouse gas emissions, environmental cleanup.

2.6 Restore energy regulation and public ownership of utilities.

2.7 Enact the Employee Free Choice Act.

2.8 Enact HR 676, US National Health Insurance Act, single payer.

2.9 Fund public education, pre-school through higher and technical.

2.10 No privatization of Social Security or Medicare.

2.11 Expand and improve SS & Medicare benefits.

3. Restore Civil Rights, Bill of Rights, Separation of Powers

3.1 Restore Civil Rights Act enforcement, affirmative action.

3.2 Outlaw hate crimes.

3.3 Preserve Roe v Wade.

3.4 Immigration reform with path to citizenship, no militarization of borders.

3.5 No exploitative guest worker programs.

3.6 No human being is illegal.

3.7 Repeal the Patriot Act.

3.8 Investigate and prosecute Bush administration violations.

3.9 Expand voting rights.

3.10 Enact publicly financed elections.

3.11 Same-day registration.

3.12 Voting rights for ex-felons.

3.13 Restore Fairness Doctrine in media.

4. Strength through Peace

4.1 Withdraw US troops from Iraq with no bases or US corporations left behind.

4.2 Full care for returning veterans.

4.3 No war on Iran.

4.4 No expansion of troops in Afghanistan.

4.5 Assistance to Iraq to rebuild Iraq.

4.6 New foreign policy of diplomacy, respect for all nations.

4.7 Renew commitment to UN.

4.8 End trade policies that enrich corporations and destroy jobs.

4.9 Ratify Kyoto Treaty and other climate change agreements.

4.10 Enforce nuclear non-proliferation.

4.11 Work to abolish nuclear weapons.

4.12 Cut Pentagon spending in half.

4.13 Close down US bases around the world.

Just seeing this list should open your eyes. It is exactly what is happening. Much of it is like reading a description of Obama's stimulus package. Name three things on that list that any Democratic Senator would not applaud. But let's go through the list anyway, and see how we're doing.

(Another note to you anti-conspiracy buffs. You might think you could find, say, a neo-Nazi list that looks like the Republican agenda. I'll bet you can't. I went to the American Nazi party's web site to see what they have. They have no list. They want you to send them $5 just to see their "Info Pack." I wasn't that curious.)

Work on items 1.1 (A moratorium on foreclosures and evictions) and 1.2 (Reset mortgages so payments are affordable) had already started before Obama even got in office. The government took over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac last September. Fannie and Freddie enacted a foreclosure moratorium and announced it in November. They encouraged lenders to "reduce interest rates, delay back payments and penalties, stretch the length of the loan or deferring payments."

So far, at least CitiGroup and JPMorgan have done as they were "encouraged."

But President Obama has much bolder plans, approximately $275B worth -- for now. According to the Washington Times,

"The plan seeks to lower monthly mortgage payments for delinquent homeowners through various incentives ranging from helping to make interest payments to rewarding lenders and borrowers with stipends of $1,000 to $1,500 for staying current on the loans. For homeowners with unaffordable loans, the goal would be to lower payments to less than a third of their pretax income."

Check the first two items off the list.

The $787B stimulus package signed into law February 13 by President Obama took care of several items on the list:

1.4 Extend unemployment compensation, increase payments and eligibility.

1.5 Increase food stamps, WIC, children's health ins., low income energy assistance.

1.6 Assist state and local governments.

1.7 Fund "ready-to-go" infrastructure projects.

2.1 Enact massive public works.

2.2 Make existing buildings energy efficient.

2.3 Construct new schools, affordable housing, mass transit and bridges.

2.4 Major clean, affordable energy dvpt project for solar, wind, and biomass.

2.5 Program to cut greenhouse gas emissions, environmental cleanup.

Whoever wrote the stimulus bill with his right hand almost seems to have had the CPUSA's list in his left hand. Check. Check. And checkmate.

Several items on CPUSA's list are already law or policy, or simply amount to not undoing something. I'm not sure why they are on the list, other than to say they should be strengthened or spending on them should be increased. Here are the ones I think are already taken care of.

2.9 Fund public education, pre-school through higher and technical.

2.10 No privatization of Social Security or Medicare.

2.11 Expand and improve SS & Medicare benefits.

3.1 Restore Civil Rights Act enforcement, affirmative action.

3.2 Outlaw hate crimes.

3.3 Preserve Roe v Wade.

3.10 Enact publicly financed elections.

4.3 No war on Iran.

About 90% of K-12 education is already government run. But President Obama wants to extend it. It's not enough that the indoctrination starts at age five; Obama wants it to start at birth. "Cradle to cubicle", Charles Krauthammer calls it. Someone also made sure that no part of the $66B of the stimulus going to education would go to private schools.

"No recipient . . . shall use such funds to provide financial assistance to students to attend private elementary or secondary schools." As quoted in the Wall Street Journal .

Roe v Wade has been intact and indeed expanded and strengthened since 1973. President Obama just issued a Presidential Memorandum to reinstate the "Mexico Policy," which allows US government funds to be used "to pay for the performance of abortions ... or to motivate or coerce any person to practice abortions" anywhere in the world. And now he plans to coerce doctors to provide abortions right here in the US .

On the foreign policy front, I think we can say President Obama has a "new foreign policy of diplomacy, respect for all nations." He sent a badminton team to Iran. He congratulated Hugo Chavez on his move to become President-for-life, he's easing tensions with Syria, etc. President Obama also raised the status of UN Ambassador to Cabinet level. I think we can check items 4.6 and 4.7 off the list.

We're making good progress. Here are the remaining items.

2.6 Restore energy regulation and public ownership of utilities.

2.7 Enact the Employee Free Choice Act.

2.8 Enact HR 676, US National Health Insurance Act, single payer.

3.4 Immigration reform with path to citizenship, no militarization of borders.

3.5 No exploitative guest worker programs.

3.6 No human being is illegal.

3.9 Expand voting rights.

3.11 Same-day registration.

3.12 Voting rights for ex-felons.

3.13 Restore Fairness Doctrine in media.

4.5 Assistance to Iraq to rebuild Iraq.

4.8 End trade policies that enrich corporations and destroy jobs.

4.9 Ratify Kyoto Treaty and other climate change agreements.

4.10 Enforce nuclear non-proliferation.

4.11 Work to abolish nuclear weapons.

4.12 Cut Pentagon spending in half.

In almost all the remaining items, President Obama or Democrats in the various states are busy doing what they can (e.g., same-day registration, letting felons vote). President Obama has already asked for a 10% cut in Pentagon spending and Barney Frank asked for 25%. Give it time; we'll get there.

(Space limits a full discussion of each line item and how it is being implemented. I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.)

Only two items on the whole list appear to be contradicted.

Frankly, I'm suspicious about the bailout of banks. Sure, they're being "bailed out," if you call becoming an indentured servant being bailed out of bankruptcy jail. The banks are now being told how to run their businesses, how much they can make in bonuses, where to have their meetings (e.g., not Las Vegas), and how to get there (not private jets).

In fact, many are, or will be, nationalized. I think we can, effectively, scratch item 1.3 off our list.

So what's the score? Of 44 items on the CPUSA's list,

• 22 are already enacted.
    • 21 are in work.
    • 1 is being violated.

Halfway there gets me my Bingo. Pretty good for being in office just one month. Heck, at this pace, the CPUSA will have to come up with another list by summer.

Only one item out of 44 is being violated: Obama is sending more troops to Afghanistan. He's adding 17,000 on top of the 30,000 already there .

Funny, that's the only thing Bill Ayers, Mr. "Small ‘c' communist" and terrorist bomber, could find fault with in President Obama term of office so far.

What's up with that? I guess the easy explanation is that Obama doesn't want to go against his generals' wishes right out of the chute. There is a war going on, you know. Some generals asked for 30,000 troops; Obama gave them 17,000.

I also have another suspicion. I think Obama really, really wants to get Osama bin Laden. He's even willing to lose Pakistan, with its nukes, to Taliban and jihadi warlords if that's what it takes. Not that I think Obama cares all that much about the War on Terror. But can you imagine the press he'd get, bagging the A-Number-One 9/11 terrorist after Bush let him slip away for eight years? I admit it's just a guess.

But we're making good progress: halfway there in just one month. Be patient, comrades. As CPUSA's National Chair, Sam Webb, was quoted in the People's Weekly World ,

"The ‘biggest challenge' now, he told the meeting, is to ‘resist efforts by reaction and some on the left' to advocate a break in the coalition that elected Obama and is now led by him. ‘We will have our differences but they have to be handled so as not to break the overall unity,' he said."

President Obama is leading our coalition. Unite behind him. You have nothing to lose but your minds, and your life savings.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Um...

I hate to say it because I know I'll be accused of being a communist now but...

Aren't most of those things on the list fairly mainstream? Wouldn't most of those things have been instituted even if they weren't on some Communist party list somewhere? Its not like they are promoting nationalisation of the whole economy & opening gulags for re-education or anything like they have in communist Russia or China.

Just sayin'...:dunno:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    OP, were you around during the Cold War? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you weren't born until after the USSR fell and have only the rantings of poor pundits to rely on for your understanding of what communism is/was. Otherwise the cries of "Communism!" aren't credible in the least.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

4.3 No war on Iran.

I can get behind all of these.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    as far as the war goes, obama is planning on leaving up to 50k advisors in iraq until at least 2011. and hes already commited an extra 17k troops to afghanistan. as far as closing us bases around the world goes, it makes good fiscal sense. we dont need troops in germany and italy anymore. theres no soviet invasion to repel. besides, theres plenty of units that can be anywhere in the world withing 24 hours, all the way to Corps strength. most of their talking points seem extremely sound to me. why is full benefits for returning vets a bad thing? the post is too long for me to go through and say yea or nay to each item, but alot of them dont seem all that evil and anti-american.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    OP, were you around during the Cold War? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you weren't born until after the USSR fell and have only the rantings of poor pundits to rely on for your understanding of what communism is/was. Otherwise the cries of "Communism!" aren't credible in the least.

I was around. I enlisted in the Navy before Reagan was elected.
    This is a list for the destruction of Capitalism.
    Just because this may not make America become Communist it has the desired effect of making us weak. It is the recipe to have us fail.

1.3 No bailouts for banks. I agree

3.7 Repeal the Patriot Act. Yep we should all of it. I mean it has only prevented us from attack in the last 7 years but let's toss it.

3.8 Investigate and prosecute Bush administration violations. Divisive, lowers the moral of Americans and sets a bad precedent. Accomplishes what?

4.1 Withdraw US troops from Iraq with no bases or US corporations left behind. Yeah why support a democracy? Let the Muslim fanatics have it back and start killing millions of people like when we left Vietnam.

4.2 Full care for returning veterans. As opposed to what? What is the definition of FULL?

4.3 No war on Iran. Nah let them build nuke bombs and take over all their neighbors, They won't attack us. If they attack any of our Allies well that's our Allies fault for pissing them off.

4.4 No expansion of troops in Afghanistan. Nope lets leave the Muslims alone so maybe they will grow to like us. I mean after all we should wait to fight them here anyway right?

4.13 Close down US bases around the world. Yeah we shouldn't care about anyone but ourselves. No need to ensure our trades routes stay open either so bring the Navy home and scrap the ships. I mean we only want to fight enemies on OUR soil right?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    4.13 Close down US bases around the world. Yeah we shouldn't care about anyone but ourselves. No need to ensure our trades routes stay open either so bring the Navy home and scrap the ships. I mean we only want to fight enemies on OUR soil right?

most of those countries dont want us anyway. i spent some time in vicenza italy. we had protests outside our barracks every sunday. they never missed a beat. i was driving my co back on post one day and they had the gates blocked. i got out to talk to the Carabinieri and one of them spit on me. the navy shouldnt be interfered with. but theres not much of a point to keeping as many soldiers in europe as there are.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    most of those countries dont want us anyway. i spent some time in vicenza italy. we had protests outside our barracks every sunday. they never missed a beat. i was driving my co back on post one day and they had the gates blocked. i got out to talk to the Carabinieri and one of them spit on me. the navy shouldnt be interfered with. but theres not much of a point to keeping as many soldiers in europe as there are.

Just because some protest, that doesn't make them the majority. We were protested when we pulled into Sydney, Australia. It was a bunch of Anti-Nuke dipshits. The public though loved us and the women lined up to be able to take guys from the ship out on dates.
    While I will agree the strategic importance of our troops in Europe may need adjusted, troops overseas are a positive for the security of the USA. I think maybe, many have already forgot about Georgia.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Just because some protest, that doesn't make them the majority. We were protested when we pulled into Sydney, Australia. It was a bunch of Anti-Nuke dipshits. The public though loved us and the women lined up to be able to take guys from the ship out on dates.
    While I will agree the strategic importance of our troops in Europe may need adjusted, troops overseas are a positive for the security of the USA. I think maybe, many have already forgot about Georgia.

australia is a completely different animal than (most of) europe though. the only place where we really get support from continental europe are the former soviet states. just out of curiosity, what would you have had America do in georgia?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    australia is a completely different animal than (most of) europe though. the only place where we really get support from continental europe are the former soviet states. just out of curiosity, what would you have had America do in georgia?

We were not in much of a position to do anything. That is the problem.
    Remember all world wars started with a single country being invaded.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

So how many foriegn troops would you be OK with on US soil? How many bases would you allow a foreign country to build & have a permanent presence here? Whats that? "None", you say? "We can run our own affairs. We don't need no steenkin' foreign soldiers running around here, doing who knows what with our women", you add?

Then we wonder why the rest of the world thinks of us the way they do.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

The "rest of the world" didn't bail our asses out from the Germans and Japanese. Nor did they stop China and North Korea from spreading communism into South Korea.

As for "doing who knows what with our women", no comment.

How many of those foreign bases have you served on?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The "rest of the world" didn't bail our asses out from the Germans and Japanese. Nor did they stop China and North Korea from spreading communism into South Korea.

Ah, so I guess they owe us for eternity.

If I remember correctly it was the French who "bailed our asses out" during the Revolutionary War. I guess we owe them forever, too.

How many of those foreign bases have you served on?

Not that I have anything to prove to you but I'll humor you. I spent over 10 years in the Navy. Four on a Fast Attack & three on a Boomer. So no I didn't spend time on those bases. I don't see where that has anything to do with my knowledge of politics. Our last VP had "other priorities" didn't he?

How about you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We pay for those bases overseas, plus the economic benefit to those countries. If they didn't want to allow us there, I'm sure that we wouldn't be there. We just lost a base from a country that didn't want us there even when we offered up to 2 billion dollars.

We aren't occupiers and we aren't there for free.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Ah, so I guess they owe us for eternity.

If I remember correctly it was the French who "bailed our asses out" during the Revolutionary War. I guess we owe them forever, too.

Last time I checked, we helped get their country back from the Germans during WWII, no?

I'd think that was plenty of repayment!:patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    So how many foriegn troops would you be OK with on US soil? How many bases would you allow a foreign country to build & have a permanent presence here? Whats that? "None", you say? "We can run our own affairs. We don't need no steenkin' foreign soldiers running around here, doing who knows what with our women", you add?

finity, There are many countries around the world that would like to host a US Base for their own selfish reasons, economic and security.
    Geez maybe we should just pack up all our forces from South Korea.
    After all North Korea is such a peaceful loving Nation, no one should fear them. I'm sure we can keep them in check from our own soil. We can launch stern words in their direction.
    That and our Military personnel are such bad people who reek havoc amongst the Citizenry, why would any nation want us? WE ARE THE BAD GUYS. WE KILL FREEDOMS. GEEZ in all of these countries we have CHECKPOINTS and harass people.
    I'm ashamed to be an American.....
    I'm sick of that type of thinking. Yeah there are people in countries that don't like our policies... Too freaking bad. We are not here to please everyone. We have people in the US that hate Israel, should they cut all ties with us to please those who think that way?
    I happen to love my country and think there isn't a more compassionate, supportive, and giving nation in the world.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

BS I lived in Europe for 6+years the only places where I ever found a dislike for us were the same places you find that attitude here in the US. In the larger cities.

Top Bottom