• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Has any one heard of these biogas generator,s . From what I hears you are can get electricity from leafs ,tree bark, grass clippings ect. The one I just heard about can be made to any size you want . seems to good to be true,because the price to make one yourself is around 200.00 or less , and you can do it yourself.Need imput. Help!
    Liberty Generator

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Has any one heard of these biogas generator,s . From what I hears you are can get electricity from leafs ,tree bark, grass clippings ect. The one I just heard about can be made to any size you want . seems to good to be true,because the price to make one yourself is around 200.00 or less , and you can do it yourself.Need imput. Help!
    Liberty Generator

It's a scam. It's a variant on the several similar types of gimmicks that are on the net all over. It's the Nigerian Bank Account of energy devices.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    I know that it is used around the world .This guy that selling the how to cd may be a scam [don,t know] ,but I looked it up on Wikipedia and to some degree it has value,for prepping. If any one knows to what extent for producing electric or gas ,I want to know. Solar stands out like a flag ""HAY I,M HERE""Gas generator,s make to much noise .So this system is silent. HELP>""

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Generating biogas is relatively easy. Building a digester is relatively easy. Using biogas to generate electricity is a little more complicated but is going to make as much noise as a gas generator, as will wood gassification.

If you are serious about alternative energy my consultation rate is $30 an hour and I won't try to sell you anything that won't actually work, and I will let you know the ins and outs of each type of system.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Young people have a lot better chance of living through what may be coming then people of my age 63 .I,m in good condition for my age ,but where I live leaves me no place to run ,and live through it.To old to fear death ,I will fight for whats mine, no holds bared . Been involved in prepping , government crap, John Birch Soc. ,George Wallace for pres. Tom Anderson for pres. American party ,and more since I was 24. Yes I am serious , this is about being able to keep water running from my well and my basement dry. I,m not rich, so if it can happen at a reasonable price fine. 10,000 for solar, no way . GOt a small generator ,but keeping enough gas for it ,no way,and the noise !! So yes I am looking for a way with out a lot of noise.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Wood gas can actually be implemented. Its been done before, but never caught on. IDK what mail in things you guys are talking about, but they are probably like the fake Howard Johnson motor that came out a couple years ago.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I know that it is used around the world .This guy that selling the how to cd may be a scam [don,t know] ,but I looked it up on Wikipedia and to some degree it has value,for prepping. If any one knows to what extent for producing electric or gas ,I want to know. Solar stands out like a flag ""HAY I,M HERE""Gas generator,s make to much noise .So this system is silent. HELP>""

You should check out the invertor generators. I've only seen them in gas so far but there are a couple companies that build conversion kits to LP and natural gas. These generators are extremely quiet and sip fuel, I've heard reports of 2k watts for 10 hours on less than 2 gallons of gas.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Young people have a lot better chance of living through what may be coming then people of my age 63 .I,m in good condition for my age ,but where I live leaves me no place to run ,and live through it.To old to fear death ,I will fight for whats mine, no holds bared . Been involved in prepping , government crap, John Birch Soc. ,George Wallace for pres. Tom Anderson for pres. American party ,and more since I was 24. Yes I am serious , this is about being able to keep water running from my well and my basement dry. I,m not rich, so if it can happen at a reasonable price fine. 10,000 for solar, no way . GOt a small generator ,but keeping enough gas for it ,no way,and the noise !! So yes I am looking for a way with out a lot of noise.

We have our genny's running fairly quite. Built different mufflers for them and have an area in the shed with sound deadening insulation. Living in and among the zombies one has to take precautions.
    Also let Shibumi set you up with a battery/inverter set up for low load nite operation. Silent lights...:)

Top Bottom