• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As usual, the bipartisan spirit is alive and well in DC. They're set to pass a new farm bill that will give almost a trillion dollars of our money to corporate interests and people who just flat out shouldn't be getting tax dollars. This is a travesty and has to stop. Let the markets work the way they're supposed to and everything will shake out alright in the end. If someone can't farm without stolen money to prop them up then they need to get into another line of business. This reallocation of wealth needs to stop.

Sushi Aid in $1 Trillion U.S. Farm Bill Irks Watchdogs - Bloomberg

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Calm down, it's just our government doing what it does best. Spending our money even though they've spent it all already. After all, if it's not laden with pork it's not a true bill from the US government.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've been yelling for a long time that this. What a huge waste of tax money and no one seems to realize it.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The problem, even bigger than the waste of our money being transferred to the undeserving is that this is what makes the family farm uncompetitive. Without Uncle Sugar handing out our money to 'farmers' surnamed 'Corporation' the family farmers would kick their tails into next century.

I've been yelling for a long time that this for a long time. What a huge waste of tax money and no one seems to realize it.

:+1: My guess is that they buy into the political marketing BS and believe that this helps actual farmers and not Cargill, Monsanto, ADM, et. al.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am against the bill, but separating myself from my views regarding it, how much longer can the Speaker hold on with his weak ass ability to get things done time and time again?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I read this today:
    Blog: House votes down Farm Bill

And one line in particular caught my eye:

The farmers are not a large constituency, but many are politically active. Once a reliable GOP vote, farmers have been trending independent or Democratic in the last two decades. This is a result of their increasing reliance on government for a wide variety of subsidies and payments.

Assuming this is true, it just shows to go you that the more people you can get suckled up to the sow, there are fewer that see anything wrong with the government acting like Santa...boy, are we in trouble.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom