• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am beginning to do some research on black bear hunting in Kentucky and wondered if some of the folks here have done some homework.

I am not looking for a "high fence"/ "pen" hunt. I'm looking for a wild hunt. It seems Kentucky may have some opportunitues.

Any folks here knowledgeable on the matter?

I've been putting in for "points" in Michigan and Minnesota for many years now. I'm finally getting to the point where I have enough points to put in for draws in some good areas. The probability of getting drawn as a non-resident, however, is pretty low....and I seem to be getting older rather than younger.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I looked into bear hunting in Kentucky several years back and I recall it being pretty restrictive for non-residents at the time. I'm not sure how things have changed since then.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I have been putting in for points in WI and MI for about 10 years. I felt much younger 10 years ago. I get where you are coming from. Western MN has good opportunities and don't require reference points. I am also going to start researching TN and NC. I would like to do this more than once in my life. I have been waiting a long time.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have been putting in for points in WI and MI for about 10 years. I felt much younger 10 years ago. I get where you are coming from. Western MN has good opportunities and don't require reference points. I am also going to start researching TN and NC. I would like to do this more than once in my life. I have been waiting a long time.

Indeed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I looked into bear hunting in Kentucky several years back and I recall it being pretty restrictive for non-residents at the time. I'm not sure how things have changed since then.

If I am understanding current rules correctly, the whole "quota" system for black bear is gone. It looks like one just has to get a nonresident license.

The tougher part is learning where to go.

Continuing to put in for points in Michigan....would love to do a wild hunt there.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    If I am understanding current rules correctly, the whole "quota" system for black bear is gone. It looks like one just has to get a nonresident license.

The tougher part is learning where to go.

Continuing to put in for points in Michigan....would love to do a wild hunt there.
    That's how I read it too when I looked into it.

I never looked at the zone map but I've seen a few good sized bears In bell and Harlan counties

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There's a place out in Penn where you can go I believe. I looked into it a few years ago. Long story short my pals are wishy washy little bitches so it never happened.

Top Bottom