• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Mall parking lot, walking back to the car with my daughter.

Airborne. Landed on my left butt cheek. Couldn't get up.
    Like a turtle on its back. Couldn't get traction.

Left lumbar is starting to spasm. Going to lay down and see if it helps.

Acres of black ice. They didn't salt the parking lot. Just the sidewalk in front of the entrance.

Be careful.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    A couple reports of people slipping and falling on the ice.
    Also two friends on FB have reported sliding off the road so far this morning...
    Be careful out there folks!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Did your daughter laugh at you?

surprizingly, no. :):

But she did say "I don't think the security guy did very well in school"

Why?

"because he kept saying they were going to RE-salt the parking lot. And RE is a prefix you use when you're going to do something you've done before."

She didn't fall. But she had a ball skating on it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Airborne. Landed on my left butt cheek. Couldn't get up.
    Like a turtle on its back. Couldn't get traction.

So you are still laying in the parking lot?

Best wishes.

I liked growing up in Indiana, snow and ice was fun to play in, and sometimes it got school cancelled.

When I grew up it stopped being fun. I got so sick of wearing jackets and boots and hats and gloves and trudging through snow and slush and sand and salt when I was a student at IU. criminy.

Now I live in central-south Texas. Yesterday I had lunch on the sidewalk in my T-shirt. Now that's winter weather I can deal with.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So you are still laying in the parking lot?

Best wishes.

I liked growing up in Indiana, snow and ice was fun to play in, and sometimes it got school cancelled.

When I grew up it stopped being fun. I got so sick of wearing jackets and boots and hats and gloves and trudging through snow and slush and sand and salt when I was a student at IU. criminy.

Now I live in central-south Texas. Yesterday I had lunch on the sidewalk in my T-shirt. Now that's winter weather I can deal with.

Blow it out your back side Armadillo Boy!:p

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On my drive to Cincinnati, 74 was still covered in ice. Watched some dude do 90 to pass me, and completely wipe out in front of me... did a couple 360s on 74 before going off the road into a snow bank. I laughed a bit while I pulled up to stop traffic in the left lane with my hazards on and give him a chance to get out.

Saw a few more slide-offs after that... just funny stuff.

Dog jumped from the grass to the deck this morning, skipping the first step. Faceplanted on the deck (of ice) and slid a few feet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rolling out the trash container this morning. Feet went South East and my head went North West and the container landed on top of me. Hit like a load of rock. Ugh.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been up since 4am salting, best one today was a nice F-150 that trued to climb a light pole off of 86th street, but it was in a parking lot and he hit it HARD! I LOL'd

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Black ice brings out the best in idiot acrobats. It gets you and you can't get it!

Love those Ford Super Duty Trucks that think cars are stupid for doing 40/less on a Black Ice Highway. When they do a 180/360 and learn that 4WD doesn't do squat on iced pavement.... Oh well, the winter rant is over. Black Ice Capades is on.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Walked out to start the truck at 5:45 am this morning, and when I went back in my wife asked how the roads were. "Oh, they're fine" I said "Just wet, that's all". She'd never have wanted me to drive to Indy to meet my son for the gun show if she knew how much ice was on the roads up here. Main roads were OK, but side roads were a sheet of ice.

I thought the ice was only up north, but when we pulled in to the parking lot at the gun show, we both did the old man shuffle-walk through the parking lot to the pavilion. But we did stay upright.

Top Bottom