Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTheBruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2020
    Greenwood
    I'm not so sure. I say that because; concerning Rosenbaum, some keywords I was expecting are missing (ie assault, attacked, placed in fear). I'll have to look at the video again, but essentially it seems like the narrative is saying that Rosenbaum pursued the kid, but there not anything articulated which indicated that deadly force was warranted.

Im not a lawyer, but at this point in time (according to the witness), Rosenbaum was within arms reach. To me, this is reasonable distance to defend yourself.

McGinnis said that the unarmed guy (Rosenbaum) was trying to get the defendant’s gun. McGinnis demonstrated by extending both of his hands in a quick grabbing motion and did that as a visual on how Rosenbaum tried to reach for the defendant’s gun. Detective Cepress indicates that he asked McGinnis if Rosenbaum had his hands on the gun when the defendant shot. McGinnis said that he definitely made a motion that he was trying to grab the barrel of the gun. McGinnis stated that the defendant pulled it away and then raised it. McGinnis stated that right as they came together, the defendant fired. McGinnis said that when Rosenbaum was shot, he had leaned in (towards the defendant).

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm not so sure. I say that because; concerning Rosenbaum, some keywords I was expecting are missing (ie assault, attacked, placed in fear). I'll have to look at the video again, but essentially it seems like the narrative is saying that Rosenbaum pursued the kid, but there not anything articulated which indicated that deadly force was warranted.

If I have a rifle, and it's obvious to anyone around that I have a rifle, and somebody, or a group of sombodies, starts pursuing me, what am I to think their intent is?

Who in their right mind chases a young man who is carrying a rifle?

How would this NOT place a reasonable person in fear?

Especially if the kid recognized red shirt guy from the previous encounter?:dunno:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If I have a rifle, and it's obvious to anyone around that I have a rifle, and somebody, or a group of sombodies, starts pursuing me, what am I to think their intent is?

Especially if the kid recognized red shirt guy from the previous encounter?:dunno:

I think once Rittenhouse statements are out, it will show that he was in fear. Hopefully he kept his piehole shut until he spoke with a lawyer.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I will say this for skateboard guy and Glock guy in the paramedic hat; it's possible they thought the kid had just murdered their comrade in cold blood and they felt justified in attacking him.

I doubt it, cause that would make them brave. And people in these mobs are rarely described as brave.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The reverse of that, is seeing a person with a rifle walking the streets. Would a reasonable person be in fear too? And keep in mind, "fear" doesn't mean you have to run away or avoid.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The reverse of that, is seeing a person with a rifle walking the streets. Would a reasonable person be in fear too? And keep in mind, "fear" doesn't mean you have to run away or avoid.

People walking the streets with rifles were a pretty common sight in that video, on both sides. Nobody struck me as fearful.

Especially red shirt guy, AKA, "shoot me, n***a" guy. Did he seem scared to you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People walking the streets with rifles were a pretty common sight in that video, on both sides. Nobody struck me as fearful.

Especially red shirt guy, AKA, "shoot me, n***a" guy. Did he seem scared to you?

The loudest voices are often the most fearful. Beware the quiet man.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So when will these American Bolsheviks start their version of the Red Terror here in the United States. It seems like Rand Paul could have been the first victim of the American Red Terror campaign.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will say this for skateboard guy and Glock guy in the paramedic hat; it's possible they thought the kid had just murdered their comrade in cold blood and they felt justified in attacking him.

I doubt it, cause that would make them brave. And people in these mobs are rarely described as brave.

We all know that if Kyle showed any weakness, uncertainty or hesitation that he would become a target, it's what the bully mentality of these people look for. To them a fair fight is 4:1 or more. Jackals

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Watching the videos, just where the **** are you seeing reasonable people?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

What level of force is warranted when someone attempts to disarm a police officer?

Take all the time you need...

Top Bottom