• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    That makes it prejudiced, as it indicates a preference over another. It would be racist if the idiot guy who organized this excluded non-black students because he thought they were inferior.
    Of course, it's absolutely racist, as well as prejudiced.

Even more 'revealing', perhaps, would be any attempt to somehow 'legitimize' or 'lessen' it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I'm going to check this for racism. The black kids are starting with Ivy Tech. Where are the white kids starting? Be careful......

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    Racist? Maybe not, but probably, Prejudicial? Maybe not, but seems so.

But when they chose to do it by race as the only criteria they made a choice as to who needs help and whom doesn't.

If it was the other way with White children going and Blacks not, all hell would break loose. The trip to expose children to higher education is a wonderful thing. But then why not everyone? After all higher education expectations aren't linked to race as much as to socioeconomic class.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Educating kids as to the facts regarding the failure rate of those who don't get at least a high school diploma has fallen on other entities since so many parents do nothing to encourage their children. Many don't take any active role in raising these young people. Things won't change for the better, if all people do is point fingers at the large numbers of "ghost parents" or broken parents. We tax payers are paying a big price for this. From the figures provided by the Dept. of Labor in a previous post: The unemployment rate for youth age 16 to 24 not enrolled in school declined over the year from 16.1 percent to 13.7 percent. Among those who who did not have a high school diploma, unemployment rates in October 2014 were 24.6 percent for young men and 32.1 percent for young women. In contrast, the jobless rates of young men and women with at least a bachelor's degree were 8.0 percent and 7.8 percent, respectively. Black youth not enrolled in school had an unemployment rate of 23.7 percent in October 2014, higher than the rates for their white (11.4 percent), Asian (12.8 percent), and Hispanic (12.8 percent) counterparts.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is my sons school system. I am highly disappoint and will be contacting the School board to let them know. Kids of all races have issue getting in to college. It's a poverty issue, motivation is an issue. It's not a skin color issue. It's a really stupid ideal. Your skin color should not give you an edge. All kids need opportunity!! Singling out one race is not helping the over all problem, Epic fail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is my sons school system. I am highly disappoint and will be contacting the School board to let them know. Kids of all races have issue getting in to college. It's a poverty issue, motivation is an issue. It's not a skin color issue. It's a really stupid ideal. Your skin color should not give you an edge. All kids need opportunity!! Singling out one race is not helping the over all problem, Epic fail.

Seconded

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll be sure to let my good friend and law partner in the next office know that the only plausible way his kids (he and they being African American) will know that college is a realistic option for them is if the school runs exclusive school visits.

...I just can't understand how any​kids would figure that out unless the school takes the initiative.

Anyhoo, heart's in the right place, head- not so much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll be sure to let my good friend and law partner in the next office know that the only plausible way his kids (he and they being African American) will know that college is a realistic option for them is if the school runs exclusive school visits.

...I just can't understand how any​kids would figure that out unless the school takes the initiative.

What country in Africa is he from, and how long has he been in the United States?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Obviously kids who come from families who put a high value on education don't need to have their horizon's broadened. Your partner is a rare person.

Top Bottom