• ...and so much more!
  • Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    i hope someone can guide me.
    I have a plain A2 that i have mounted a scope on. I used the relatively standard mount with the base that has a single bolt that threads through the handle, medium rings, and of course the scope itself.
    So i take it out yesterday to start sighting the scope in and I cant get a round to even show up on the paper. eventually after cranking the dials and using up some ammo, I got pissed and came home. (nothing was thrown)
    tonight i stuck my boresighter in and then looked at where the the crosshairs were at about 75-100 yards..... about 6 feet low! I used the lowest rings i could find to try to keep the scope and bore at some sort of similar height, and im usually pretty good at this stuff.
    Can you help me?

thanks.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Well.... its not that this setup wont work, but the carry handle scope mount is the least preferable. It sets the scope too high over the bore (center lines= C/L).

The carry handle already is so high over the bore C/L then you add the mount and ring height.

Like I stated, it can be made to work, but its not the best option...

What scope, rings and mount are you using?

EDIT:

Not be silly, but I believe these handle mounts are made to be installed one way... is it possible that its backwards? I dug out one that came on a rifle I traded for and its tapered, if installed backwards it would be way off position.

Just an after thought.....

Last edited:

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I tried mounting the the other way and the hole doesnt line up wit the bolt.

I know its mounted WAY high, but unless i can find a 20 inch or longer flat top upper thats the tool i have to use for the job.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a NC Star scope mounted on my Sendra carry handle and I can shoot ten shots in a dime size group at 100 yards. Mine sighted in very quickly. Sounds like you could be doing something seriously wrong, as in the mount is backward.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I'd give good consideration to using a flat top upper. I've had very good experience with Del-Ton. A flat top upper will give you a lot more options and allow you to get more adjustment out of your scope. You'll have to use high rings or blocks, but that will put the scope a lot closer to the barrel and improve your accuracy. Flat top uppers are not expensive. They listed one with the hardware for $95.00.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    What brand, make and/ or model of sope, rings and mount are you using??? This may be helpful in correcting the problem....

Top Bottom