• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been using a Fobus paddle holster for a couple years now, it's the one with the rentention screw. I think I would feel a little better with the finger break on the serpa holster, it also looks as if it hooks onto your pants better and would be harder to rip the holster off of your side. I don't like wearing a belt on my jeans and don't want my gun on the inside of my pants, but I do like my gun tucked as close as possible to my hip. I do find the fobus to be comfortable to wear all day. Is the serpa any faster to draw from with the front of it cut out? Thanks for all the help!

I am not a big fan of leather holsters, just not my style...

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i prefer the serpa to the fobus, but that's just my opinion. be advised that there are those that suggest that activating the retention device with your trigger finger is problematic. you'll need to decide that one on your own. btw, blackhawk makes the same holster without the serpa lock.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Neither, get a bladetech, raven concealment, comptac, or uncle mikes depending on how much you want to spend.

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    For OWB holsters, I find that personally I only wear my Blackhawk Serpa. I love the design and the release with my trigger finger executes flawlessly. Like another poster noted there are some here that do not care for it, like most everything, it all comes down to personal preferences.

I have to say, however, that the only thing I do not care for about this holster is that it's not tucked in tight to your body. It does stick out quite a bit. This is reduced if you decide to remove the paddle and use the belt connector. As for me this is not much of a bother as I usually carry IWB with either a KHolster or UBG holster.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom