• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I ordered a Bladetech IDPA Competition Shooters Pack for my Sig P229 from Opticsplanet via Amazon. The UPS/USPS partnership got it to my house a day earlier than originally scheduled, so I've got it for my range outing for tomorrow. Bonus: My P245 fits as well.

I don't plan to shoot IDPA any time soon, but I needed a double stack mag pouch and this seemed to be the most cost effective way to get both a quality holster and a dual mag pouch.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOPEZFE/

51SZZ2G55uL.jpg

I'll do a full review, but I'm really liking it so far. I tinkered with it a bit, as it came set up for a wider belt than I wear. It was pretty easy to adjust and its very stable once properly adjusted. I put a slight forward cant on the holster, which is adjustable for multiple cants from muzzle forward to neutral to muzzle rearward. It seems fast. I'm not sure how retention is going to be. You can hold it upside down and shake it a few times before it comes out, but I certainly wouldn't want to use it for open carry. Even with the forward cant, it comes out much too easily from a rear gun grab. The Eclipse OWB seems to have much better protection, and is likely almost as fast. Using the par timer and accounting for randomness and luck, I'd guess this holster might be 0.03-0.05 faster if that. The lower cut in the front lets the gun start rising faster and it just feels quicker, but we'll see on live fire.

Top Bottom