• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    According to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the recent terror bombings in Boston require a new interpretation of the Constitution to give the government greater power to protect citizens.

"The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry," Bloomberg said during a recent press conference. "But we live in a complex world where you're going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change."

According to a Breitbart.com
    article, the anti-gun Bloomberg claims that recent attacks on the Second Amendment have left him confident that such re-interpretation is possible.

"The Supreme Court has recognized that you have to have different interpretations of the Second Amendment and what it applies to and reasonable gun laws," Bloomberg said. He employs the tactic of incrementally "lowering the bar" by suggesting that Americans should be willing to give up a degree of freedom in exchange for a degree of security.

"It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks," he said. "We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can't do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection."

Bloomberg would do well to remember what Benjamin Franklin had to say on the subject back in 1775: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I interpret the Constitution like I always have. I interpret him like I always have, a tyrant that needs to leave the USA. The Constitution was written the way it was just for PITAs like him.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This Idiot is a Mayor for Christ sake, but every time he opens his mouth the press just falls all over him and puts his stupid ideas on the front page ! Come on I am so sick of hearing what this Dummy has to say, Please just SHUT UP !!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    First and foremost, to control the size of carbonated beverage you can enjoy. First and foremost, to control the volume level in your headphones.

I, for one, am SO glad that Bloomberg has solved every problem and issue in NYC, so that he can now turn his powers to work for the good of the rest of us.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    According to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the recent terror bombings in Boston require a new interpretation of the Constitution to give the government greater power to protect citizens.

"The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry," Bloomberg said during a recent press conference. "But we live in a complex world where you're going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change."

According to a Breitbart.com article, the anti-gun Bloomberg claims that recent attacks on the Second Amendment have left him confident that such re-interpretation is possible.

"The Supreme Court has recognized that you have to have different interpretations of the Second Amendment and what it applies to and reasonable gun laws," Bloomberg said. He employs the tactic of incrementally "lowering the bar" by suggesting that Americans should be willing to give up a degree of freedom in exchange for a degree of security.

"It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks," he said. "We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can't do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection."

Bloomberg would do well to remember what Benjamin Franklin had to say on the subject back in 1775: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin: Those who would give upessential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neitherliberty nor safety."

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    He is just a mayor, but he is also the 7th richest person in the USA and the richest politician. 27 billion dollars can buy a lot of support. Check what he did overnight to the NYC gun laws after Connecticut. They lost assault weapons, have a 7 round mag limit, stricter background checks, mental health checks, registration, not to mention to carry there will cost you roughly $5,000 in legal fees and a NY state carry permit IS NOT valid in NYC.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Those would would forfeit their liberty for security deserve neither. So said Ben Franklin.

Top Bottom