• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Here is a link to the HT Article, pretty sure it requires login though :(

Shooting victim Brian Gardner not expected to survive; cousin arrested [log in]

Here's a public news source:
    Bloomington Shooting: Police investigating Bloomington shooting - fox59.com

Anyway, I really wanted to post this because of the quote one of Bloomington's detectives said:

Two handguns were recovered at the scene of the crime, 1912 S. Rogers St. Both handguns were believed to be registered to Gardner, Kellams said.

I also find it hilarious that someone corrected this statement in the HT Comments and was "downvoted" while someone replied to the correction with

Federal Form 4473 is required to be completed when a handgun - or any other firearm - is purchased from a Federal Firearms Licensee, which is how most auction, web-based, and other non private firearms transfers take place.

Just amazes me how people talk like they know something without actually knowing it. :noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

BTW; Hope this hasn't been posted yet, searched Gen Forum, 2nd Amendment, Gen Politics and Breakroom first. Hope I didn't miss it!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Even though it is technically incorrect people often use the word "registered" in a generic sense meaning owned or bought. Most people and especially detectives know we do not have handgun registration.:twocents:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I saw this article today and assumed that 1) either the detective misspoke, or 2) the guns were registered in some other state?.... Oh well, as long as the liberals think all us evil handgun owners already jump thru that hoop, they wont be clamouring to introduce a new bill to do that in the state legislature, and that's one more battle we don't have to fight........ yet. :)

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I know that guy and he knows handguns are not registered in Indiana. It is either an intentional misquote by the HT or else he is having fun with them.

OK then, fair enough. Only reason I said otherwise was because of the interview with the chief earlier this week had a question about Class III firearms and the chief who has to sign off on the papers acted like he didn't know what Class III even meant.

Top Bottom