• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Any one from Bloomington have any information on Four Seasons Gunshop (Monon Dr), Have Guns Will Sale (S. Strain Road), Able's (Old State Rd 37), or any other bloomington gunshops?:dunno:

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    have guns will sell is run by a guy named gary, not sure if its in business anymore

four seasons was run by eddie deckard, no longer a "shop", his daughter now runs it as a kitchen table FFL transfer dealer only(call only, no regular hours).

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    They may be 'out of home' shops where the guy's garage is his 'shop'. I may be wrong though. I really only deal with McSports and Bradis here in town. MC has been very competitive on prices for me.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Chuck's Gun repair is open Mon & Thurs. He is mostly a smith, but has some guns.

Gary @ Leathers Limited has guns as well, but is winding down and his hours are rough.

Cosners down in Bedford has a large collection, prices are standard small shop. Nice guy.

MCSports is the best in town for price and selection so long as you are talking new. Talk to Andrew. If need be find out when he will be in and only deal with him.

Hoosier Gun Coat also is a kitchen FFL and keeps some stock, he is active here.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    have guns will sell is run by a guy named gary, not sure if its in business anymore

four seasons was run by eddie deckard, no longer a "shop", his daughter now runs it as a kitchen table FFL transfer dealer only(call only, no regular hours).

I thought that they (Four Seasons) just opened up a shop? I will ask in the morning to find out for sure.

and I would avoid Have Guns will Sell run a Civil Case record search @ mycase.in.gov for Monroe county on Gary Lentz

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought that they just opened up a shop? I will ask in the morning to find out for sure.

and I would avoid Have Guns will Sell run a Civil Case record search @ mycase.in.gov for Monroe county on Gary Lentz

Who just opened up? Four seasons? Its been around for 10 yrs, was run by 2 people that had a falling out. Eddie deckard kept the FFL license to do FFL transfers only(his daughter does them). There is no "shop" unless he sold it off and someone else is attempting it again.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Who just opened up? Four seasons? Its been around for 10 yrs, was run by 2 people that had a falling out. Eddie deckard kept the FFL license to do FFL transfers only(his daughter does them). There is no "shop" unless he sold it off and someone else is attempting it again.

Yes, four seasons, I know Eddie and his daughter and I thought that they just reopened their shop on Monon. Not positive on this and will ask in the morning!

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, four seasons, I know Eddie and his daughter and I thought that they just reopened their shop on Monon. Not positive on this and will ask in the morning!

The only thing on Monon dr is eddie's repair business.

as for HAVE GUNS WILL SELL aka GARY LENTZ
    Just talked to my buddy who has bought guns from him for 10yrs. he said gary is long since out of business and on the run from people suing him. Seems in about 2006 he had money troubles and they just got worse. He appears to have upwards of 150K in civil damages against him pending from individuals, IRS, monroe county etc.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    gary's shop and prices are rough to.

Got a transfer through him once. Seemed nice enough, but he wouldn't budge on $20 per serial transfers, and his prices on stuff in-shop wasn't good at all (except some ammo.) Made me smile though when he started talking about TEOTWAWKI though :rockwoot:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've not been to Four Seasons, but they have been running ads in the HT about "Now opening" with posted hours on certian days...sounds like they hava a store front

Top Bottom