• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    The mayor saw fit to pen a letter to the New York Times about guns in Bloomington. I am sure you guys have seen the links and maybe even read his letter. There is a good article about the girl who was killed last week and while she was shot, it was not the gun but her lifestyle which is to blame. I know her family paints her as a good girl who chose the wrong lifestyle and still had a kind heart but she was also a drug user and dealer. I am somewhat surprised that the paper and the mayor didn't latch onto the fact that she was shot with an AK47 and call for an assault rifle ban, maybe they plan on it.

Brittany Sater: Family mourns daughter lost to a world of addiction and violence | Local news | heraldtimesonline.com

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    There were pics of her holding the gun that she got shot with, I've been told. It was definitely her lifestyle and decisions that killed her.
    I wonder what the headlines would have been had she defended herself with the shotgun that she was going for when she got shot.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    There were pics of her holding the gun that she got shot with, I've been told. It was definitely her lifestyle and decisions that killed her.
    I wonder what the headlines would have been had she defended herself with the shotgun that she was going for when she got shot.

The pictures were of the other woman who helped rob her holding the AK, BJ Edison. She posted them on her Facebook page.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    As a born and raised Bloomington guy it is unfortunate that many have this gun hating obsession. I was infuriated with the fact that the mayor felt that he needed to write a letter to the New York Times that clearly showed his inability to understand how it isn't the legal owners that are the issue. I will continue to live here, but I will also continue to argue for the rights of legal owners.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    As a born and raised Bloomington guy it is unfortunate that many have this gun hating obsession. I was infuriated with the fact that the mayor felt that he needed to write a letter to the New York Times that clearly showed his inability to understand how it isn't the legal owners that are the issue. I will continue to live here, but I will also continue to argue for the rights of legal owners.

The real problem is he picks guns as the problem to address when heroin is the real problem. Sater died from a gunshot wound but if she hadn't been involved in dealing heroin, she would probably still be alive. There is a big problem here with heroin but how many shootings have we had? The privacy laws prevent the paper from reporting on everyone who goes to the hospital from O.D.ing and this prevents us from seeing just how bad the problem is here. It just pisses me off that with two different incidents where guns were legally displayed causes Hamilton to say we have a gun problem but he hasn't said jack **** about drugs.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County

The article that the mayor wrote was in response to a July 4th parade here Bloomington. As far as the video I don't know when that was taken. But I agree the mayor has major butt hurt over the state laws.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The real problem is he picks guns as the problem to address when heroin is the real problem. Sater died from a gunshot wound but if she hadn't been involved in dealing heroin, she would probably still be alive. There is a big problem here with heroin but how many shootings have we had? The privacy laws prevent the paper from reporting on everyone who goes to the hospital from O.D.ing and this prevents us from seeing just how bad the problem is here. It just pisses me off that with two different incidents where guns were legally displayed causes Hamilton to say we have a gun problem but he hasn't said jack **** about drugs.

Bloomington will never admit publicly they have a drug problem

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Bloomington will never admit publicly they have a drug problem

The article pretty much puts it in the spotlight. She was just as bad as the people who robbed and killed her. Drug dealers are not nice people no matter how much the family wants to them to be. It sucks we can't share the whole thing. Check your pms.

Last edited:

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Link won't let you read the article without signing up.

Simply delete your cache in your browser and you can get 10 free articles from NYT. Or download and use another browser other than your current one. Every time you delete the cache you get the 10 free articles again. Be aware that this might delete some of your automatic fills in your login pages. But if you're doing it right you shouldn't have those saved anyway.

Top Bottom