• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have been a VERY good customer of this store. To be treated the way I was this morning is intolerable. I know these guys and everybody else are gettin' while the gettin' is good. Fine. Don't treat me like a piece of **** over a used gun.

This is the problem. Getting while the getting is good. Greed is always poisonous. When greed is used to stab loyal customers, they remember this and never return.

I'd take my money elsewhere. Once I get violated, I have a BIG mouth and protest with my wallet.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Update

Earlier, I posted about a situation that happened between me and my local Blythes.

I just got off the phone with Roger, who is doing everything in his power to make things right. Plus one for him and his store.

Regrettably, I posted my original rant before I talked to Roger. I blew off some steam and called him after the fact.

I am really happy about this, because it restores my faith in the small business.

I'm sure that you all have your favorite "go to guy" at your LGS. Brian at Blythes is usually that guy. Unfortunately, he was busy yesterday and I dealth with someone who probably figured I was not a serious buyer.

Regardless, if you deleted my original thread and called Roger, to "out me", I'd appreciate you calling him back to let him know that I am giving him BIG PROPS on his handling of this situation. I'll be careful what I say on here from now on...

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Hello, Im the INGO member who bought that P220 last night . I inquired about it after seeing it in the back I was told that it was on hold until the end of the day so I said that I would buy it if the original person didnt come back . Fred, Brian W and Roger were there closing up shop and when the gun was brought out from the back I said that I wanted it and I bought it . I had a further review as I always do and the purchace was on hold until the backround check was proceded. I dont know what was said between you and Fred or whom ever you delt with but this is what was told to me and this being a he said he said deal you can say anything you want. I got a call from Roger this AM and was told of the situation and I said that I would have no problem with letting it go to you since it wasnt home with me because of the delay. I also found out about your complaint here on INGO this AM and was VERY upset that a fellow INGO member and gun owner could post such crap and blast a great family run LGS like this one. I have for over 20 years buying guns from Blythes and bought my very first gun from them and hope to buy my very last one from them .
    I really hope you make this right with Blythes and here on INGO because postings like this are sad to see from fellow gun owners.

Happy New year to all !

Mike Cook manygunsmike

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Blythes has P Mags in stock...$100 for 3 or $40 each.

Now, why I'm REALLY mad!!!

I went in yesterday, saw a used Sig that caught my attention and had them put the gun on hold for me until this morning. He grabbed the box and put it away. I came in this morning and the guy told me he sold it.

In the past year, I have purchased 6 Sigs and 2 Kimbers from them.

They can suck it. No customer loyalty...AT ALL.

A few days ago they were selling Pmags 5-for-$100 at the Griffith Store.

The Griffith store is staffed by a bunch of lying pricks and @sshats. On the other hand the Valpo store is pretty good and I will still shop at that store. I gave up on the Griffith store a few years ago when the fat f-(k behind the counter blatantly lied to my face and told me, with a straight face, 'facts' that I know to be, and have confirmed to be, total lies.

Blythe's Griffith can "suck it!"

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Roger Blythe called me today and all I can say is I know why they are so successful.

Without getting into specifics, Blythes made a wrong a right and I am truly grateful to Blythes in Griffith, Roger, and a certain awesome INGO'er, manygunsmike...

Not only will I keep shopping with them, I will preach it from the rooftops that I assure you that Blythes is the best LGS anyone could have.

I posted the original post without giving Blythes a chance to make it right. I was pissed, I walked out of the store and right to my computer. I should have stayed and talked directly to Roger.

Anyway, I hope that the original post/thread gets deleted. I have no more bone to pick. I will message all the members on here that have posted to let them know that Blythes is a stand up establishment.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Message anyone you want, but I stand by the statements that Blythes in Griffith sucks.

Roger was sitting 5' away from me while his employee was lying through his teeth to me. He lost a customer for life and I will shout to the rooftops that that store is a pile of crap staffed by idiots and liars.

Sad thing is that I was a loyal customer of that store for 25 years and had spent thousands upon thousands of dollars there before that fat f-(k started lying to my face.

Screw them, they still suck.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hello, Im the INGO member who bought that P220 last night . I inquired about it after seeing it in the back I was told that it was on hold until the end of the day so I said that I would buy it if the original person didnt come back . Fred, Brian W and Roger were there closing up shop and when the gun was brought out from the back I said that I wanted it and I bought it . I had a further review as I always do and the purchace was on hold until the backround check was proceded. I dont know what was said between you and Fred or whom ever you delt with but this is what was told to me and this being a he said he said deal you can say anything you want. I got a call from Roger this AM and was told of the situation and I said that I would have no problem with letting it go to you since it wasnt home with me because of the delay. I also found out about your complaint here on INGO this AM and was VERY upset that a fellow INGO member and gun owner could post such crap and blast a great family run LGS like this one. I have for over 20 years buying guns from Blythes and bought my very first gun from them and hope to buy my very last one from them .
    I really hope you make this right with Blythes and here on INGO because postings like this are sad to see from fellow gun owners.

Happy New year to all !

Mike Cook manygunsmike

Tried to rep ya. But I've given out too much.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Well in this stressful anti gun climate bashing or flaming each other is ignorant. I'm satisified and happy with the way the situation turned out. I want to wish everyone a happy and blessed new year because as gun owners we are gonna need it.

manygunsmike

Top Bottom