• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Exactly! My first thought about her purchase was maybe she wants to be pro self defense. The rest of her actions are just a game and ignorance without a conscience. It's not about macho ism, ego, power trips, unsafe practices etc. It's about safety and self defense, period.

Her attitude was that morality only comes if forced by government. That no one is mature and trustworthy without the threat of punishment. Sort of the same attitude that is part of Islam.

We believe that we have personal rights before G-D that also have personal responsibilities. Thus a reasonable person, knowing that they know little about guns (or anything else) would seek training.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Her attitude was that morality only comes if forced by government. That no one is mature and trustworthy without the threat of punishment. Sort of the same attitude that is part of Islam.

We believe that we have personal rights before G-D that also have personal responsibilities. Thus a reasonable person, knowing that they know little about guns (or anything else) would seek training.

^^and that right there is what it's really all about... You're going to do the right thing as I see it to be, not because I've taught you or convinced you, but because I'll give you no other choice. This is the approach a bad parent takes with a recalcitrant child, not the behavior of equals with each other. The difference here is that gov't is not our mother and we are not children, let alone recalcitrant. She thinks gov't is our better, and is unwilling to see things any other way. Perhaps if she is exposed to those on our side, she may begin to see the truth. I hope so, for all our sakes; our countrymen once stood shoulder to shoulder, together, against common enemies. We now stand toe to toe against each other, with invented and fallacious "differences".

Something has to give. This is not a Democrat problem, nor a Republican problem. It's not rich nor poor, statist nor libertarian, educated or uneducated. This is an American problem, a government problem. Wholesale change is needed starting at the soapbox and continuing to the ballot box. Sadly, too many are more concerned with the Xbox.

Blessings,
    Bill

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Sorry but people like her believe the government should make our decisions for us. She, like many like her, would sacrifice her rights for a little security and as Ben Franklin said, those who do that will lose both and deserve neither.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry but people like her believe the government should make our decisions for us. She, like many like her, would sacrifice her rights for a little security and as Ben Franklin said, those who do that will lose both and deserve neither.

It is more than wanting security. It is about not trusting anyone, not even herself. That only government can make you behave, to be moral.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It is more than wanting security. It is about not trusting anyone, not even herself. That only government can make you behave, to be moral.
    Exactly. She's putting government in charge of what should be her own personal responsibility. Fail. :noway:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If she feels unsafe with guns she should move to Chicago because their gun control laws are the most effective in the nation. (Disregard the 500 homicides last year as such statistics are irrelevant to the Brady Campaign.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wonder if she has a ND and injures a family member, if she'll feel remorse for "doing the minimum required"?

And no, I am NOT wishing that on anyone.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I wonder if she has a ND and injures a family member, if she'll feel remorse for "doing the minimum required"?

And no, I am NOT wishing that on anyone.
    it's a valid point though. IMHO I think she will blame the .gov because they didn't mandate more requirements, training etc. Just like they do now.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It is now week three of Heidi Yewman's experiment into self-imposed stupidity in gun ownership. Unfortunately, she hasn't put out any updates. Supposedly, she has stopped writing about this on Ms. Magazine's web site and would be publishing on the Huffington Post instead, but I can't find anything under her name. I'm really curious how how things are going and what she has learned/experienced and if she is still carrying without trying to get any education.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Her purpose for carrying was purely political in nature. She was not prepared mentally to use it, nor did she have the skill to use it. The combination of "no training" and "no skill" adds up to "no chance" in a bad situation. Two words come to mind to describe her attitude towards firearms, "stupid" and "dangerous".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    That woman has a great ass

In this pic...she certainly does!

14173_10151368410759305_1020819982_n.jpg

:laugh: :lmfao::rockwoot: :lmfao::laugh:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So what was she trying to prove? That she's an idiot? How easy it was to get a gun without knowing how to use it? People buy dangerous items everyday without having a clue how to use them. All she has proven is that it's possible to be irresponsible and stupid. Good work!

"I decided to show the world how easy it was to buy a table saw without having any idea of how to use it. I have been chucking objects at the whirling blade for an hour, narrowly missing my child's eye several times. I now feel vindicated that I was right about the dangers of table saws."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I remember trying to post an educated response and it was taken off the site. I did this for several responses to the comments and all were gone. Biased and will do anything to silence the voices of reason and logic.

Top Bottom