• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    What are some of the recommended boat ramps on the Ohio River? I could put in anywhere from Evansville to Madison. I'm just looking for good ramps. I'll be boating on the river a few times this summer with a large 23' deck boat, and am thinking of some different parts of the river I'd like to explore.

Thanks in advance!

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    You have Grandview in spencer county, Troy wihich is right on the spencer perry line, up by the cannelton locks and dams, and one of my favorites because of the drive would be up by Derby which is in Perry county on highway 66. Out of all of those Derby would be the best.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    If you get in the area of Leavenworth, there is a pretty cool resturant on the river there. Its called The Dock (go figure). We used to put in @ Brandenburg, Ky., Go upstream and camp near Otter Creek, then run downstream to eat at The Dock. And yes, they do have a dock for you to tie off to, and walk right up the path and eat.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    One at Rocky Point, Cannelton,One at Leavenworth,You'll need gps to find it,Two at Jeffersonville,one Harrison Ave, the other Duffys Landing.Only ones I've used

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The Cannelton pool is the best, more scenic anyway. I've put in a lot at Rocky Point Marina, about 2 miles up from Cannelton lock. It's right at the junction of S.R. 66 and S.R. 166. I've never put in at Derby but it is a nice ramp.
    If we don't camp we stay at the Holiday Inn in Tell City.

lance

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    charlestown park has nice boat ramp.duffeys landing in jeff. has a nice boat ramp

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I saw people putting in at Evansville cityfront today. It's a nice ramp but there's very limited parking from what I could see.
    I don't think I'd pull a boat downtown just to see if I could park or not.
    Besides, there's better stretches of river to be on.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I followed those guys last summer for a couple of days in my canoe. You can see the small arms fire dents in the hull if you get close enough! Fascinating boat with a great history and couldn't be manned by a better group of men that volunteer their time. Thanks for posting those pics

Top Bottom