• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    There are dozens of ARs at Gander this weekend. Colt, DMPS ant Stag. Most I've seen in one place since the panic started.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    That is good to hear. I was at Down By The Tracks gun shop in Galveston yesterday and he had 4 or 5 AR's on the rack. I know that don't sound like much, but for a small LGS and the times...that's something. Kinda like a small light at the end of the tunnel. One just would not have seen that 3 mos ago.:D

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    They remodeled the 2 flagship stores here in Indy and I have even been hearing radio commercials for their new gun supercenter or some such. They have probably been holding back some of the AR's for this promotion.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    They remodeled the 2 flagship stores here in Indy and I have even been hearing radio commercials for their new gun supercenter or some such. They have probably been holding back some of the AR's for this promotion.

Hoarding ? Even Gander Mountain was Hoarding during the panic ? :D

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Was at the one on 82nd yeaterday. I don't know how long that store has been there since I'm not from Indy.

That place is huge. The guns are along the back wall and span most of the width of the store. There was tons of stuff there, looked like a mini gun show compared to almost everywhere else I've seen in the last few months.

Prices were not too bad, a little high but not really out of line since resupply can still be difficult. I picked up a Colt LE6920 with the green Magpul furnature and a green upper/lower receivers and buffer tube. Came with a single 30 round Pmag for $1400.

They had 525 round packs of 22LR Remington Golden Bullets for $25. I grabbed 2 of those. Higher than it should be but I'm from Randolph Co and 22's are unheard of here unless you get real lucky at Wal-Marx. Even then they are acting stupid. They got in some 500 round bricks of Thunderbolts and since the sign said "3 boxes per customer", that's what they did. They opened up the brick and gave each customer three 50 round boxes. You were not permitted to buy a brick.

I didn't intend to buy a Colt at GM, but haven't been having any luck anywhere else. I've been wanting a regular LE6920 from W-Marx for $1089 to save a few bucks. Our W-Marx can't get them since they are so small. I've made calls to the Richmond, Muncie, New Castle & Anderson stores everyday for the past week or so asking if they got one in. I've been told twice that they had one. They won't hold anything for anyone so I took off to drive over there. By the time I got to the Muncie store it was gone. The second time I took off for the store I called every 15 minutes to see if it was still there while I was driving. It sold as I was still about 30 minutes away. I figured I'd jump on the one at GM while I could, it was the last green one they had. A little higher than I planned but I was going to put most of the Magpul stuff on it anyway.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Excellent...was it mil spec barrel and all? Some wm reviews said the walmart one was kinda iffy?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The one I got came from GM, I never did find one in stock by the time I got to the W-Marx. It's a LE6920. I believe it's a close as an issue M4 as you can get without the commitment or the wearing of lots of green or tan. Been there, done that, too old to do it again. I don't need anymore patches on my right sleeve.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It was late in the afternoon when I went. The only one they had left was the one I bought. It was $1400.

I didn't ask about the normal LE6920's since they didn't have any.

I'm gonna guess about $1100-1150 just based on they will probably be a little higher than the W-Marx price of $1089.

Mine came with the MOE handguards, trigger guard, grip, stock, BUIS & mag. I don't know how much the green finish on the upper/lower recievers and buffer tube adds to the price.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'll be up that way tomorrow. Hope they have some .22 lr left but I probably doubt it.

They said they had quite a bit. They didn't seem concerned about running out.

There were plano boxes of 223 sitting stacked in the asile. They had a "special price" on some 50gr federal if you bought a gun at the same time. It was a 200 rounds bulk pack for $119 in the skinny Plano 30 cal sized plastic can. The can sells for about $10-12 elsewhere so that puts it just over $.50 a round.

Top Bottom