• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I don't have one in my bob but I carry a leatherman wave.
    I also would love to drop the coin on a leatherman MUT.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    I have both Gerbers and LMs and have multiple models. I carry the Gerber on my belt fishing and in my suitcase on vacation and it has never failed me. Gerber cost a little less however either will do the job.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The SOG is nice but my Gerber is the best multi-tool I have found at least for me personally.
    I have used them since the leathermen I had broke, was replaced and broke again. Never had a failure with the Gerber. Had one stolen but never broke one.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The SOG is nice but my Gerber is the best multi-tool I have found at least for me personally.
    I have used them since the leathermen I had broke, was replaced and broke again. Never had a failure with the Gerber. Had one stolen but never broke one.
    SOG is one of 3 Multi Tools that I have not been able to break. With the other 2 being Shrade and Buck. I actually prefer the Buck Tool but they are no longer made... ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not seen the Schrade tool. I have a few of their knives and they are tough pieces. The Gerber I carry gets worked everyday. Very handy. I guess it is a personnel thing like so many other choices.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have not seen the Schrade tool. I have a few of their knives and they are tough pieces. The Gerber I carry gets worked everyday. Very handy. I guess it is a personnel thing like so many other choices.
    I like them they are probably the handiest to use. I just have broken enough of them that they sent me a Letter Recommending that I switch to a different brand of tool...

I used to break the Plier Jaws regularly... :dunno:

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012

In my humble opinion

I have carried multi tools every day for over 25-30 years... have tried manybut.

My Recommendation is

Leatherman Super tool 300 and elutriationsscissors in my letterman supercool scabbard along with my super tool.

The super tool Is strong... holds a good edge

Big enough to do real work. and comfortable.

Blows Gerber away!

If I have my pants on... it’s on my hip... if not it’s within reach.

I also carry Leatherman micra on my keying. (as do my wife, and 4 adultkids)

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I currently have a Gerber Suspension that works great for the problems i come across and for $35 it has been well worth it. Really depends on what type of work you will come across.

gerber__03048_zoom.jpg

anyone know what the attachment that is just a hole is for?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like them they are probably the handiest to use. I just have broken enough of them that they sent me a Letter Recommending that I switch to a different brand of tool...

I used to break the Plier Jaws regularly... :dunno:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Animal^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same with leatherman...broke everyone I have owned. Treat the Gerber's the same way...no failures..... Personnel preference....

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    blamecharles the hole is for a lanyard I believe.
    I have broke Gerbers. I am on my first Leatherman, and have only had it a few months so we will see. I think SOG multitools are like Glocks.

Top Bottom