• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    So question for all of you slip bobber users. Do you tie your own, if so what line do you use?

I have been using the pre tied knots on the tubes but have practiced and can tie my own now...just need to know the best material.

Also, anyone used these fancy gizzmo and dogbone bobber stops? I am all about the easiest method.

Thanks

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I don't use those gizzmos. I do use the stops tied onto those little tubes for years. A friend of mine ties his own and he uses dental floss, but I can't remember if it is the waxed or unwaxed. Engage google-fu.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    P8200030.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I prefer the rubber stops because I can see them easier. I also like them if I want to switch over to something else and then switch back to a bobber later. The rubber stop will hold up well to abuse. The lighter weight string stops you buy are fine and I keep those in my gear always. You can easily tie your own in bulk too on small tubes etc...so they are ready to go. For me the key is having them before I need them, no futzing around in the boat.

I tend to buy stuff in bulk so I don't run out and don't have to buy for years at a time. Not all rubber stops are created equal and you need to match them to the weight line you are using. String stops are fine on any test. I keep a Plano 3700 box dedicated to slip bobber fishing. One with adjustable dividers, makes it easy to keep a bunch of bobbers and small crap like ties/stops/hooks/weights together.

Last edited:

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    ^^^^^
    If I use a bobber stop, I always use a small rubber band too. seems the smaller OD ones work the best. also make sure they aren't real old.

Top Bottom