• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I bought this new bobcat in silver cerakote. I have not shot it yet. The slide is stiff. I cannot rack the slide without cocking the hammer. I’ve never had a pistol with cerakote so I don’t know if this is something that will wear in or if I should send it back to Beretta.
    IMG_3533.jpeg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ok, so here’s the thing, it’s not the ceracoat, and there’s nothing wrong with the gun, it’s just got very stiff springs.

Your supposed to tip up the barrel (flip the switch by the trigger) and load the first round, and then put a magazine in the gun.

Every new and used beretta (and Taurus copy) was exactly the same, that little pistol just has very stiff springs

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Ok, so here’s the thing, it’s not the ceracoat, and there’s nothing wrong with the gun, it’s just got very stiff springs.

Your supposed to tip up the barrel (flip the switch by the trigger) and load the first round, and then put a magazine in the gun.

Every new and used beretta (and Taurus copy) was exactly the same, that little pistol just has very stiff springs
    Ok thanks for the info. This is the first bobcat I’ve owned so didn’t know if it should be that stiff.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok thanks for the info. This is the first bobcat I’ve owned so didn’t know if it should be that stiff.
    Yep normal on all mine.

Come join us in the Beretta addicts thread.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just adding that my 21A is the same way, even after hundreds of rounds through it. Tip up the barrel and load, pull the hammer back like the good old days of the single action only revolvers.

Great little pistol other than the super tight recoil and hammer springs.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have an older 1. Slide is stiff on it. I have chambered a round both ways. Simplest is to just flip up barrel and load. Mine often had a fte the round until i polished the chamber. Mine also seemed to work best with minimags. Sounds like a 357 going off..she's a loud lil gun when fired and i do think that lightening the recoul spring would be a big mistake too as i really thought about that.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    21A's I thought are double action, no need to cock the hammer, just pull the trigger, am I wrong?
    Correct, tip the barrel up, load it, snap the barrel back into place and use as a double action with a fairly heavy trigger. Nothing wrong with that.

That and the way I described earlier are up to the shooter.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    21A's I thought are double action, no need to cock the hammer, just pull the trigger, am I wrong?
    They are DA/SA.
    1st round is DA after loading a round in the tip up barrel, unless you pull the hammer back for a S/A 1st round shot, which I usually do.
    After firing the 1st round, the succeeding rounds will be in S/A until mag & chamber empty.

Note: You'll have to count your rounds, so you don't pull the trigger on an empty chamber, dry firing it with nothing in the chamber after last round has been spent, sending the hammer back again.

Top Bottom