• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Interesting, albeit short, article in the Elkhart Truth about the population rise for Bobcats in IN. The DNR is cited as saying that trapping season for bobcats may happen in the future, if the population continues to rise.

I would love opportunity to run traps for bobcats, given the chance. I haven't trapped in years, but I've been thinking about getting back into it. Even though fur prices are on the way down, I always enjoyed it as a hobby.

LINK:

Officials say bobcat sightings on rise in Indiana - Elkhart Truth

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    I talked to a co a while back and he said there would be a season within a couple yrs..I just watched one last week hunting for a few minutes..I tapped and released one a few yrs back,very cool critters.

bobcat006.jpg

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    What part of IN are they most common in? Are they in the North at all?

If this was sparked by the same IDNR email I got, they referred to a population in the Northeast section of the state.

edit: may have been a news article, not sure now :/
    edit 2: found the article: http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...na-endangered-species-list-southern/19320825/
    The agency says it's possible there may be a limited trapping season for bobcats in the future, especially in their strongholds in southern and northeastern Indiana.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Awesome comment to the OP's linked story.

Not ok! We can humanely trap and relocate them. If people are allowed to inhumanely trap them in this area, I will lose it. I will protest and riot. Eff hunters! You speciest, uncompassionate, human supremacists can all go die. For real. Hopefully in a hunting casualty or get stuck in your own stupid trap and starve to death.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    The pics are pretty neat.

There always seem to be people who seem to have no idea how the world works. I'd love to see the comments out in the streets rioting, my guess is it would be a lonely protest.

I'd think that a bobcat would be a real challenge to target trapping, so hopefully the population continues to rise and we get a season. I'd sure as heck like more bobcats in IN than more coyotes, though I'm sure they're just as hard on game birds.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    otter is pretty much a done deal, season is to begain nov. 2015 in designated countys. thier sayin limit of 2 and a statewide quota that when met season will end for the year.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co

caught this male otter three years ago on big raccon creek. i would say it weighed close to 40 lbs. caught a female half its size a month later

Top Bottom