• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    I am looking at getting a Bobro scope mount to go with a Nightforce NXS 1-4 I bought to go on my new .300 AAC Blackout (wow, that was a mouthful). I am looking for feedback from fellow Ingo members. What do you like, not like and so on? The only thing I can see that could be problematic is the rear ring. The screws feed up from the bottom, and it does not look like there is enough room to fit a torque driver on the screw because of the proximity of the base. If you own one of these, how did you overcome that little obstacle? Thank you in advance for you help.

Bobro Engineering | Browse | Scope Mounts | Precision Optic Mount - 30mm

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I looked at those and went with a LaRue. It was about the same price.... But I had to have the kool-aid. :D. The LaRue I got was a little taller also.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It is threaded post that sticks up from the bottom. The nut still drives down from the top.

If you do LaRue, you get the bling-bragging rights.

If you go Bobro, you get a mount that has a reliable return-to-zero after removal and reattachment. Particularly nice if moving from rifle to rifle or swapping scope out for a rds.

You're right... the price is the same. When I bought a SWFA SS 1-4, I went Bobro.
    So, to answer your question: no clearance issues.

DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thank you for the input. I have to be honest, one of the things that drove me towards the Bobro mount was availability. I cannot find the LaRue LT-104 in stock anywhere. On the the other hand, I was able to find the Bobro mount in stock. That said, any suggestions on where to look for a LaRue?

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Bring one of those ADM mounts to the show tomorrow if you can. I would like to see one in person. I have to visit AJ Brown tomorrow assuming the line isn't 5 miles long

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    OP -

It's easier to post pics than try to describe the mounts.

2013-01-19_21-12-59_45_zpsbf901b9b.jpg

2013-01-19_21-13-15_921_zps5c7fad10.jpg

2013-01-19_21-13-31_37_zps50e416ea.jpg

I *do* like the ring assembly better on the Larue. However, the way it clamps to the rail swayed me toward the Bobro. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I wouldn't hesitate with an ADM either.

laruelt104underside_zps5e8d21f6.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you do LaRue, you get the bling-bragging rights.

If you go Bobro, you get a mount that has a reliable return-to-zero after removal and reattachment. Particularly nice if moving from rifle to rifle or swapping scope out for a rds.

But LaRue does that too, for the same money. So the bling-bragging rights is like a bonus. :D :laugh:

Bobro
    Larue
    American defense

All do the same thing, for the same money, so there is really no wrong answer. They all actually work as advertised

This is actually a great answer.

Top Bottom