• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    This can't be good. I can already imagine where it will lead too.

"NORTH BEND, Wash. (AP) — After a 22-hour standoff, police blew the top off a rugged mountain bunker near Seattle on Saturday, only to find their target — a man believed to be a murder suspect who holed up there — dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside.

Authorities had not positively identified the body as 41-year-old Peter Keller, who hadn't been seen since his wife and daughter were found shot to death last weekend, King County sheriff's Sgt. Katie Larson said.
    A bomb squad cleared the bunker, built into a ridge in the Cascade Mountains, to make sure there were no booby-traps before detectives entered. Officers shouted warnings before blowing the roof, Larson said. Tear gas pumped into the bunker didn't work on Friday. With clear weather and a fresh SWAT team in place Saturday morning, it was time to act more aggressively, she said."

Heres the full story:

Sheriff: Body found in Wash. mountain bunker - Yahoo! News

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Very crazy people don't need guns to do crazy stuff.

A sad story.

One comment from law enforcement:

"There's been a huge sigh of relief," Larson said. "Our people are out safe, and the trails are now safe for the community to use."

Phew. Sorry this drama interfered with everyone's recreation. Carry on folks.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    ALSO IN THE NEWS TODAY... a man driving a subaru was arrested for murder after a long high speed chase by police.

Crap! I can't drive a subaru now, since Murderers drive them too!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Three people died, a few day's lost fun in the woods for the rest of us pales in comparison...

What's in season out there this time of year, anyway? ;)

Mushrooms, trout, salmon. Besides, the way I see it - I shouldn't have to wonder about the murderer loose in the public property that I have every right to use. Call me callous but the initial murder scene wasn't in the woods and the only reason there was a danger out there was because the murderer took it too the woods. I'm glad it's over, for everybody.

And yes, 2nds on the bunker.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    ALSO IN THE NEWS TODAY... a man driving a subaru was arrested for murder after a long high speed chase by police.

Crap! I can't drive a subaru now, since Murderers drive them too!

Can't be, the Subaru Outback is the Official Staff Car of the LGBT, the Rainbow Coalition, Greenpeace, & the Obama 2012 Re-election Campaign.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not to make light of our SWAT teams, and I'm sure the terrain was tough, but I found this kinda funny:

"
    SWAT teams spent a grueling seven hours on the mountainside Friday morning, virtually crawling over dangerously steep terrain slick with mud from recent rains, before they found the bunker. A number of officers were treated intravenously for dehydration, and one broke his ankle, said sheriff's Sgt. Cindi West said.
    After long shifts, the officers appeared exhausted, their faces smeared with camouflage paint, as they rode down the mountain in sport-utility vehicles or armored carriers to be replaced by fresher teams."

which reminded me of...

dont_worry_sir_i_m_from_the_internet.jpg

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Not to make light of our SWAT teams, and I'm sure the terrain was tough, but I found this kinda funny:

"
    SWAT teams spent a grueling seven hours on the mountainside Friday morning, virtually crawling over dangerously steep terrain slick with mud from recent rains, before they found the bunker. A number of officers were treated intravenously for dehydration, and one broke his ankle, said sheriff's Sgt. Cindi West said.
    After long shifts, the officers appeared exhausted, their faces smeared with camouflage paint, as they rode down the mountain in sport-utility vehicles or armored carriers to be replaced by fresher teams."

which reminded me of...

dont_worry_sir_i_m_from_the_internet.jpg

I thought it was kind of funny in comparison to the description of the bunker's contents that included a wood stove and generator - presumably hauled up by the deceased perp solo.

Top Bottom