• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I left the house today with the family and saw the IMPD and crime lab on Lafayette RD. We were not sure what was going on, until we got home and I had a chance to search for the news story.

Well this is what I found. I hope it is an isolated incident because this is about a mile from my place. Eagle Creek Pistol Range is very close, so gunfire at night is not unusual for the area so I can see it going unreported.

INDIANAPOLIS - A grisly discovery Saturday afternoon - Indianapolis Metro Police are investigating a body found in the 6400 block of Lafayette Road.

Metro Police say the man, only identified as a Hispanic male, was shot several times. Shell casings were found near the body.

Police believe the man may've been laying near the side of the road since early Friday morning.

The 911 call was made by two men who noticed the body while making a u-turn at that location.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    No offense to you Indy dwellers...but darn I'm glad I don't live there. Seems like just about everyday someone gets killed or seriously injured.

Fox just mentioned this in their news promo, as I was tying this message. Creepy!

Last edited:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No offense to you Indy dwellers...but darn I'm glad I don't live there. Seems like just about everyday someone gets killed or seriously injured.

Fox just mentioned this in their news promo, as I was tying this message. Creepy!

It's mainly just a few parts of the city and most people stay away from them at night.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    It's mainly just a few parts of the city and most people stay away from them at night.

So I've heard. Mention the east side of Indy to anyone around here, and the conversation takes a nasty turn. I've lived in some bad places, and it makes me appreciate Sheridan all the more....you couldn't pay me to live in the northeast side of Indy.

CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    the north east side isnt that bad. a lot of it is people that think they are a lot harder than they are. a bunch of posers. but. o well. whatever they want. a gun is pulled on me. that person will be shot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So I've heard. Mention the east side of Indy to anyone around here, and the conversation takes a nasty turn. I've lived in some bad places, and it makes me appreciate Sheridan all the more....you couldn't pay me to live in the northeast side of Indy.
    I was raised, live, and work the east side. It's not nearly as bad as the news makes it out to be. I had a rider with me once and he was very impressed with how many "normal" people in "normal" neighborhoods there are. I would not live anywhere else. The news loves to make us look bad. There are bad parts but it's far from writing off the entire district. It's a common misconception.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Down 20% is what I heard. This can mean two things:
    1. Police are doing better.
    2. All the thugs, gangbangers, and bad guys have finally thinned out the herd. :D

Down 20%... WOW. Well, there's still August and September....we'll make up for it. The rain has kept people off the streets and better weather will clear the way for higher statistics.:cool:

Top Bottom