• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Need a little more information. What are you going to use the rifle for...plinking...serious competition...small game hunting...etc? What have you budgeted for the rifle? Is it for an adult or child? Do want a wood stock or synthetic?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    cz 452 is a good in between action. its not as accurate as a br rifle but its better than your average squirle gun.

but pretty much as be mike stated more info required

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    you'll find much love for the CZ-452 (453 by now?) and the Savage Mk II series with the accutrigger.

Bet the Savage would be lower cost initially; less expensive and easier to find magazines, too.

Both are fantastic options.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I love my Savage MK II. The heavy barrel is a huge plus. The groups I shoot with it are pretty amazing for a 22. I've had it for a few years and its seen many rounds without a single problem.

Of course if you decide to go with a semi-auto the gold standard is the 10/22. You wont be disappointed with that weapon either.

Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    It would mainly be used for plinking. As far as cost goes, somewhere around 200-400. Synthetic or wood stock, doesn't matter. It would be for an adult. Already have a 10/22. Was looking for bolt action.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If I was looking for a new bolt gun I would give heavy consideration to the Savage MkII TR. The large bolt handle is easy to manipulate even with gloves, it has a recessed target crown on the barrel (the recess helps protect the muzzle edge), and comes with scope mounts. I also like the stock with it's multiple swivel studs and recess in the butt for a squeeze bag. One review I read had this rifle shooting 10 shot groups of .18 @ 25 yards with Wolf Match. It is sure to get envious looks at the range as well. Street price is about $370.00

markiitrcopy.jpg

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    My CZ 452 with the hogback stock has served me well. I have a Redfield 4X scope on it and it slays jackrabbits with ease. They were $269 when I bought mine but that was in the 1990's Worth every penny.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Marlin, Savage, CZ, and Ruger. CZ and Savage also make some left handed models in case you're a southpaw. The Remington 500 series guns are fine too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If I was looking for a new bolt gun I would give heavy consideration to the Savage MkII TR. The large bolt handle is easy to manipulate even with gloves, it has a recessed target crown on the barrel (the recess helps protect the muzzle edge), and comes with scope mounts. I also like the stock with it's multiple swivel studs and recess in the butt for a squeeze bag. One review I read had this rifle shooting 10 shot groups of .18 @ 25 yards with Wolf Match. It is sure to get envious looks at the range as well. Street price is about $370.00

markiitrcopy.jpg

I really like the looks of that rifle. I have a Savage MKIIFV and love it. My best group has been a quarter sized 5 shot group at 50 yards with Wolf. I know it will shoot way more accurately then I can. I wish they made one in .22MWR.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom