• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    How do you like that cartridge carrier on the buttstock? I'm considering a slip on version that holds 8-9 until I can afford this...

Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock for Remington 700 Long Action

SNIPER_PIC_ODGREEN.jpg

IIRC those are awful heavy. have you looked at bell and carlson stocks? they are a great value for the money.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sig Arms SHR-970 .300 Winchester Magnum
    Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP Scope :rockwoot:

3947698257_91049c759b.jpg

It'll look better when I finally get around to putting duracoat on the newly installed Muzzle Brake.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    How do you like that cartridge carrier on the buttstock? I'm considering a slip on version that holds 8-9 until I can afford this...

Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock for Remington 700 Long Action

SNIPER_PIC_ODGREEN.jpg

Oh I like it a lot. It came from Eagle Industries I believe. It helps me hold my cheek weld really well. This really helped while sweating like a SOB in OKlahoma heat in July for some classes.

As far as the stock you have shown there, try out the one you have on it first, you may like it better. A few friends of mine went with this one you have shown and they didn't like it at all. It doesn't have to be flashy, it just has to work.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    IIRC those are awful heavy. have you looked at bell and carlson stocks? they are a great value for the money.

Actually, the Varmint version is about 6-8lbs and this, the sniper version is 4-6 pounds IIRC. A certain member here has one on his 700 and I got to handle it. It's actually not that bad. I kinda like it. :D The B&C stocks look like exactly what I have except for different colors and the buttstock has that cheek piece that sticks out. :dunno:

Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock for Remington 700 Long Action
    WEIGHT OF STOCKS:Sniper is just under 6 lbs. Varmint is just over 4.5 lbs. Tactical is 3 lbs 11 oz.

Why on God's green earth would anyone want a folding stock on a sni.. Hunting rifle?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    My stock is heavy as heck but I like it because it dampens the recoil. I got to shoot one of those rifles with that stock and it just doesn't feel solid to me. The rifle shot ok but I'll take the mcmillan any day.

You know, these bolt guns are some of the most expensive things to own. Next you'll need a reloader to get the REAL accuracy potential out of it. Save money, buy the expensive stuff.:)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Actually, the Varmint version is about 6-8lbs and this, the sniper version is 4-6 pounds IIRC. A certain member here has one on his 700 and I got to handle it. It's actually not that bad. I kinda like it. :D The B&C stocks look like exactly what I have except for different colors and the buttstock has that cheek piece that sticks out. :dunno:

Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock for Remington 700 Long Action

Why on God's green earth would anyone want a folding stock on a sni.. Hunting rifle?

this is what I have and use and it's only 3 pounds. and an adjustable cheek weld is a GOOD thing.

Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 Style Remington 700 SPS BDL Savage 10 12 110 Weatherby Vanguard Howa 1500 Vertical Grip 2092, 2096, 2980, 2997, 2998 & 2999

IMG_5337.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Savage Edge .223: I added a Shooters Ridge bi-pod. I also replaced the factory scope and rings. I went with a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14x40 scope, and Burris Signature rings.

SAVAGEH126917-1.jpg

Savage NKIIFV:

Shooters Ridge bi-pod
    Burris Signature rings
    Bushnell Banner 4x12x40 scope

SAVAGE12038072-1.jpg

Mosin 91/59

MOSINTD5804.jpg

Marlin 983S .22MWR

MARLIN91628645-1.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom