• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    So Friday we get an email from plainfield middle school about a bomb threat written on the wall in one of the bathrooms for Thursday Sept 20. Chances are it was some kid who has a test that day but who really knows and you're most likely not going to find out. The school obviously is investigating and is planning a stronger police pressence that day if not throughout the week. My question is, I'm still thinking I am going to let my daughter stay home that day. I mean better safe than sorry, IMO and one absence isn't going to hurt. She's a straight A student and actually has over a 100% average in three classes. What would you do?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Taker her to the range that day. Might as well take that day and keep her learning, as at the range she can learn more on firearms and how to better defend herself.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Keep her out and the little terrorist wannabe wins. There's not going to be any bomb and I am pretty sure the cops will sweep the entire school from top to bottom.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Take her out or keep her in, she's in no less danger because someone communicated the threat than if they hadn't: she's in a public school.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Tell her school that is was the ****house bandit and he looks like this:
    images

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'd take her out of school that day just to avoid the circus. There is zero chance of any bomb being there.

Bomb threats are like open carry. It's the ones you don't see that you have to worry about.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Make her go to school so she can see the mini police state the school will become. Might as well let her get use to her future since the majority of the population has sold and continues selling our future.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    We had a gun threat at Castle High not too long ago. I know a bunch of people had their kids stay home. A few went, and they all said there was a cop around every single corner.

I say give her a day off. She is such a good student, she deserves one. Just ask her the night before "How would you feel about taking tomorrow off school?" I bet her face lights up like a Christmas tree.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Probably take it more seriously now than we did in the 70s, just because the barrier between dumb and dangerous has been broken since, and there are people that would seriously contemplate it. Not that many people obtuse enough to contemplate it would simultaneously be ingenious enough to pull something off. If her school's like my son's, they're all on at least one camera something near 100% of the time. We always got our threats during the day by phone, and an extra fire drill. I never got why nobody ever figured out how to activate the fire alarm without getting inked.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Probably take it more seriously now than we did in the 70s, just because the barrier between dumb and dangerous has been broken since, and there are people that would seriously contemplate it. Not that many people obtuse enough to contemplate it would simultaneously be ingenious enough to pull something off. If her school's like my son's, they're all on at least one camera something near 100% of the time. We always got our threats during the day by phone, and an extra fire drill. I never got why nobody ever figured out how to activate the fire alarm without getting inked.

This is why I am thinking keep her home. When I was in college ou could count on at least one during midterms and finals. I also saw somewhere that Brownsburg was on lockdown today but never saw why? I'm thinking range day if it's nice. Apparently last week there was some guy walking around the school and had actually walked up to the door at the end of my daughters hall and was trying to open it. He wasn't a school employee, daughter said he certainly didn't belong there.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I don't have kids but I *think* I would make them go anyways. It seems to be the ones that do not get called in are the ones you need to worry about.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away. Kids at my high school used the payphone to call in bomb threats. One kid called in 10 or so. They finally caught him cause his buddies ratted him out cause he thought it was funny to have us all stand in the rain or snow with no coats.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    We had a gun threat at Castle High not too long ago. I know a bunch of people had their kids stay home. A few went, and they all said there was a cop around every single corner.

I say give her a day off. She is such a good student, she deserves one. Just ask her the night before "How would you feel about taking tomorrow off school?" I bet her face lights up like a Christmas tree.

We had a couple at Castle when I was there and I always went to school. My Mom even tried talking me out of it going, but I wasn't about to let the douchebag win.

At the same time, when skip-days rolled around, there was zero begging to my parents about missing school. They wrote me an admit no questions asked. I rarely wanted to miss school...It's not like the homework disappeared, so I'm just doing double the homework the next day.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    So this seems to be resolved. An email was sent to parents a while ago stating they had the student that wrote it and admitted to it. According to what my daughter said today in class was one of her friends knew who did it and she told one of the teacher's and things advanced from there and my daughter said she did not see the girl the rest of the day.

Top Bottom