• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    It seems that Dallas Police "neutralized" Their shooter suspect by blowing him up..... Yes, with a bomb. Not a flash-bang, not a concussion grenade. Not even the kind with the little rubber balls. It was reported as being a genuine bomb.

Am I the only one here who is uncomfortable with this? Considering the current political climate police have created by seemingly at least the flagrant and unpredictable use of handguns, are we really OK with their adding bombs to their box of tricks?

Let's take the latest shooting in Minnesota as an example. We have no idea as of yet why the Officer shot Mr. Castile. what we do know for certain is that the officer fired four times into a car with a non-combatant woman in the seat beside Mr. Castile and a young girl in the seat behind him. I am just glad that the Officer didn't have hand-grenades.

Yes I recognize How silly that sounds. Forty years ago it would have sounded silly that a local Police dept. would have tanks and machine guns. Today those things are common. Now, July 2016 the Dallas police apprehended a suspect with a bomb. Of course there's no potential for abuse there.

Yes, a threat to the public and all. But bombs? Is that the answer?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A bunkered active shooter terrorist? HELL YES. We are not talking about a traffic stop here. Nerve gas the mother****er.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm ok with it.

If a tactical invasion would've been warranted, but put officers at risk, blowing the snot out of him or shooting a sidewinder up his donkey is just a question of modality.

Glock, AR, Remington, C4... pick whichever solves the tactical problem with the least risk to the public or officers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BLM decided to declare war.

They decided to bring the weapons and tactics of warfare to the fight. What do you expect?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Deadly force is deadly force. When justified, the means are irrelevant provided no innocents are put at unnecessary risk.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It does look bizarre, I've never heard of anyone placing explosives on a bomb disposal robot and killing someone that way. Straight out of a video game.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nerve gas, that could be the next weapon to pop up. How about this, hold the bunkered bastard in his bunker until he starves to death?

More of a problem if he decides to go all Butch and Sundance against the officers there. Sure, the odds are on the officers' side, but there would be the non-zero risk of another officer getting injured or killed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It does look bizarre, I've never heard of anyone placing explosives on a bomb disposal robot and killing someone that way. Straight out of a video game.

Actually, the vid of the guy at the pillars taking out the officer reminded me very much of a video game. The officer had bad luck when he chose which side of the pillar to move to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Let me twist it a bit. we are talking about a civilian (non-military) police force with bombs.

Shouldn't the general public have the same access to this kind of "self defense" also? do all of you feel comfortable sitting at McDonalds next to me with a grenade in my pocket?

Police don't get special rights. If deadly force is deadly force, I want my grenades. Give me bombs and I will withdraw my complaint.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Make your own.

I won't testify against myself even if the statute of limitations is up.
    (hypothetical incident that may have/may not have involved a 10,000 psi rated nitrogen bottle and a pint of homemade black powder. Your honor, I have no memory of those events.....)

Anyway since 9-11 this is now prohibitively politically incorrect.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom