• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No pandering going on here. and just when I was actually starting to watch NASCAR again. News flash for NASCAR, the protesters/rioters are not watching.

Keedron Bryant, the 12-year-old singer whose original song, "I Just Wanna Live," went viral last week in the wake of the death of George Floyd, performs the national anthem via video from his home prior to Sunday’s NASCAR CUP SERIES race from Atlanta Motor Speedway (3:00 PM ET live on FOX, FOX Deportes and the FOX Sports app). Bryant, a young gospel artist featured on NBC’s "Little Big Shots," recorded the original song, written by his mother, Johnnetta, during daily devotional time at his Jacksonville, Fla., home to pay tribute to Floyd. It was shared on social media and news outlets, earning the acclaim of President Barack Obama and multiple celebrities for its message.

https://www.jayski.com/2020/06/06/1...ming-national-anthem-before-atlanta-cup-race/

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I had zero interest in watching todays race. I watch to take a break from bull**** not get preached at. Hey NASCAR, go **** yourself.

Bubba Wallace donned a black T-shirt with the words "I Can’t Breathe" and NASCAR paused before Sunday’s Cup race at Atlanta Motor Speedway to acknowledge the country’s social unrest. The governing body vowed to to do a better job of addressing racial injustice in the wake of George Floyd’s death.
    During their warm-up laps, the 40 cars pulled to a stop in front of the empty grandstands and shut off their engines so NASCAR President Steve Phelps could deliver a message over their radio sets.
    "Thank you for your time," Phelps said. "Our country is in pain and people are justifiably angry, demanding to be heard. The black community and all people of color have suffered in our country, and it has taken far too long for us to hear their demands for change. Our sport must do better. Our country must do better."

https://www.jayski.com/2020/06/07/nascar-addresses-racial-unrest-during-atlanta-pre-race/

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh, for ****s sake, can we please leave this **** out of NASCAR. This reminds me of the LGBTLMNOP bull**** from a couple years ago when they just pounded and pounded this stuff at us.

RPM is going to love this as this is the only publicity this guy had had for the last few years.

Didn't NASCAR refuse to allow a car to be sponsored by a rifle manufacturer or the NRA or something a few years ago because? I seem to remember something along that line happening.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NASCAR Takes a Hard Left
    FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2019

https://jalopnik.com/the-nra-is-not-happy-with-nascar-1837961725

...Last week, and in a tweet last night as well, the National Rifle Association rebuked NASCAR after the racing series denied advertisements for K-Var Corp., a large distributor of firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories, as part of a claimed “gradual shift” of position on firearms. The sponsorship denial, issued August 19th, came just days after Cup cars battled it out at Bristol in the Bass Pro Shops NRA Annual Night Race.

The NRA, the largest gun lobby in the U.S., has even gone so far as to call NASCAR “anti-gun,” associating it with other organizations and corporations like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Levi Strauss & Co., which have taken positions the lobby regards as supportive of gun control...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    :rolleyes:

SHhGoBr.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nascar.com...

ByNASCAR Statement NASCAR.com June 10, 2020 at 4:45 PM

“The presence of the confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry. Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.”

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nascar.com...

ByNASCAR Statement NASCAR.com June 10, 2020 at 4:45 PM

“The presence of the confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry. Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.”

So I guess they'll be canceling Atlanta, Talladega... :rolleyes: Or they'll be racing to empty stands, even though the plague will be long gone.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    As a firearms enthusiast, Second Amendment supporter, and NRA Endowment Life Member I do not feel welcome at NASCAR races and will not be giving them any of my money.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How “welcoming and inclusive” is BLM?
    I quit watching 99% when they started the whole BS heat race crap.
    And from a guy who used to to go to several races a year....I’M DONE!!!
    what happened to free expression? It’s ok, even encouraged to kneel during The National Anthem, it’s PRAISED to put a HATE GROUPS name on a car, but a fan puts a sticker or flys a flag on their personal vehicle showing southern pride (which is what is is to MOST people) and that’s “BANNED”? BULL ****!!!
    when the hell did professional sports decide to be the morality police? And why is one persons opinion worth more than others?

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    So Bubba Wallace drove a BLM car and won the race? In a Petty Enterprises car? Now who doesn't believe in "the call"? Bubba is good, I'll give him that. But Petty cars aren't. Just seems like a huge coincidence

Top Bottom