• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    not a LEO, but I know if I decide to criticize my employer he can fire me anytime...

If your employer fires you for pointing out extreme taxpayer/stakeholder waste and the fact that the company is spinning it's wheels chasing an unattainable goal you are better off seeking employment elsewhere.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    If your employer fires you for pointing out extreme taxpayer/stakeholder waste and the fact that the company is spinning it's wheels chasing an unattainable goal you are better off seeking employment elsewhere.

Yeah, nothing better than quitting a job in a country with just under 10% unemployment. Great idea! Maybe I was saying that since I work for the private sector AND in Indiana, I can be fired for almost ANY reason or NO reason at all. Why should Government employees be able to PUBLICLY bad mouth their employment?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, nothing better than quitting a job in a country with just under 10% unemployment. Great idea! Maybe I was saying that since I work for the private sector AND in Indiana, I can be fired for almost ANY reason or NO reason at all. Why should Government employees be able to PUBLICLY bad mouth their employment?
    According to the story he did not "bad mouth" his employer. He stated an opinion on a government policy and was fired for exercising his 1st Amendment rights. Personally, I hope he succeeds in his suit and that heads roll over this.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    When I was in the USMC Reserves after I got off active duty I was witness to an event where a Sergeant was talking trash to a PFC (who used to be a Sergeant) and the PFC busted his ass up with some yo mammas. The Sergeant wrote him up. I told the First Sergeant I saw what happend and would testify accordingly. The First sergeant told me the PFC was a trouble maker and they wanted him gone. Fair enough, but you do it the right way.

I had to make a decision whether or not to support the unit decision. I testified for the PFC. He was found not guilty. I resigned from the unit that afternoon.

Sometimes doing the right thing has personal consequences. This was not an issue of whistleblowing; this was insubordination. If you can't support your boss's lawful decisions, you should quit rather than exhibiting public insubordination and forcing them to fire you. Just my :twocents:.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This was not an issue of whistleblowing; this was insubordination. If you can't support your boss's lawful decisions, you should quit rather than exhibiting public insubordination and forcing them to fire you. Just my :twocents:.

Its not like he was a DEA agent. :dunno:

Do they do the same thing when an ATF agent says that bearing arms is a right and not a privilege?

I suppose a LEO opposing checkpoints on constitutional grounds is out of the question.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I can only imagine how difficult and stressful the job as a border patrol officer is. I have only thanks and appreciation for those involved, but....

IMHO, the fact is if you don't like how things are being done at your place of employement, its your responsibility to gain employement elsewhere or attempt to change things. *****ing has no resolve, except for that of soothing ones own complaints and a negative effect on morale. So run your mouth a be terminated. Oh yeah, I know lets sue for *****ing and then rightful termination. Thats a great idea, don't like leave pick up somewhere else.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    IMHO, the fact is if you don't like how things are being done at your place of employement, its your responsibility to gain employement elsewhere or attempt to change things.

And you expect that people can "change things" without ever having a conversation about the problem?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    We are certainly living in the dark ages. Not only can we no longer voice opinions about our government which we pay for, but the vast population of sheepish followers thinks it's just dandy. What the hell happened to freedom?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Its not like he was a DEA agent. :dunno:

Do they do the same thing when an ATF agent says that bearing arms is a right and not a privilege?

I suppose a LEO opposing checkpoints on constitutional grounds is out of the question.

No, but he worked for the same guy the DEA Agents do. He is also empowered to enforce federal drug laws as the BP are federal LEOs.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Where does it say he was crying? He made a comment to another worker. Personally I think more government workers should speak up when they see something wrong. I can't believe those of you that think they should just follow orders and keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Where does it say he was crying? He made a comment to another worker. Personally I think more government workers should speak up when they see something wrong. I can't believe those of you that think they should just follow orders and keep their mouths shut.

LEAP is trying to tie his firing to one sentence. They conveniently have not posted all his statements.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How about demanding LEAP clears the air? They made the accusation based on what they say is one spoken sentence.

"They have not posted all of his statement." To make that statement, you must have knowledge of their conversations. Post 'em up! Quit teasing us!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Top Bottom