• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I did a search to see if this was posted already, if it has I missed it.

Watchdog Group: Boston Proposes to License Knife Sales - Regulations - Fox Nation

Whats next? Baseball bats, tire irons, breaker bars, wood dowels or curtain rods over an inch in diameter, walking canes, brooms and broom handles, and pointy sticks.

Maybe a community knife attached to steel pole by a chain with an armed guard, then when you need to cut something you take it out to the knife and cut it.

The we can move on to, say, belts, rope, glass bottles, extension cords, pens, pencils, scissors, or anything that has ever been used as a weapon.

I guess Boston already has a permit requirement for pepper spray, persons under 18 cannot have spray paint or markers of a certain size.

Reading some of thee ordinances, its even illegal to play ball or throw a ball, rock, snowball while in the street.

They got a law for everything, glad I don't live there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    “Why is it that people can buy a knife at their corner store, where their neighbors are buying milk and other household goods?’’ City Councilor Michael P. Ross said he was recently asked by Genie Curry of Roxbury. “And, why are they selling knives to children?’’

Maybe because a knife is a tool no different from a hammer or an axe and any child ought to know how to use one in a variety of situations? Are these people so divorced from reality that a knife is a weapon first and a multi-use tool second?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    That's why I call Massachusetts "California East".
    I don't suppose those idiots have considered the fact that CAVEMEN made razor sharp knives out of flint. :n00b:
    Stupid should be illegal!!!!

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    From what little I read of the ordinances, a knife with a blade of 2.5 inches in your car or on your person gets you in trouble.

The laws on knives longer than 2.5 inches read like a gun law in the anti-gun states, ie: can be transported in a container to and from a sharpening service or for repair, straight home after purchase, blah, blah, blah.

:noway:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    steak knifes will now be serialized and you must fill out a 4473 to purchase them with a limit of two per month.

And yes I realize they are talking about permitting the sellers not the buyers.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Mom gave me my first knife when I was 8, I've carried one ever since and still haven't stabbed anyone with it. Maybe Boston should pass an ordinance demanding that parents raise their children.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    That's why I call Massachusetts "California East".
    I don't suppose those idiots have considered the fact that CAVEMEN made razor sharp knives out of flint. :n00b:
    Stupid should be illegal!!!!

Careful! If that particular factoid gets out, Massachusetts will be outlawing flint! Then people will only be able to light their outlawed cigarettes with peizo-electronic lighters.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh man I love democracy. If the people in Boston voted in morons who will actually pass this type of legislation then they can stay there and have it. This issue is probably already in another post but just look at this Labor Day weekend in New York. Voted in the proverbial champion of gun control and look where it gets them. Sometimes I'm sure a person must be completely blind to not see these patterns. Ha, they blame it on people being able to buy guys in all the lax states that are crazy enough to not disarm their own law abiding citizens.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Mom gave me my first knife when I was 8, I've carried one ever since and still haven't stabbed anyone with it. Maybe Boston should pass an ordinance demanding that parents raise their children.
    My Boy Scout Totin' Chip didn't carry any weight with the TSA and the U.S. Capital Police.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    *sigh*

Boston, the home of the original "tea-party" & birthplace of the American Revolution.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

Obviously, your knives are defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for replacement! :D

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Top Bottom