• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    (Add secomd T to title)
    My son is 4.5 years old now and it's a good excuse to buy another gun. I had to drive to Martinsville as the Walmarts around Greenwood don't sell guns in their store. My son is pretty stoked. We'll be hitting Atterbury tomorrow and I'll try my hand at the peep sight.

For $109+tax it's kinda hard to not pick it up. I may put it on armslist for $299 along with a speedloader :):

1010017739.jpg

Last edited:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Awesome! Love to get the young ones involved at an early age. My wife and I bought our boys the Savage Rascal for Xmas, about $40 dollars more on sale.
    I decided to go with the Rascal because its just like a normal bolt action rifle.
    Yes its single shot but you dont have to pull the bolt back to cock it. It also came with an accu-trigger!! Sweet! :rockwoot:

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Good little guns...its what i started my youngest out with. Good luck trying to shoot it yourself, toooo small for a grown man.

Let us know how it goes and make sure you guys have FUN!!!

OHHhhhh so long ago...
    Picture919.jpg

Picture920.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Awesome! Love to get the young ones involved at an early age. My wife and I bought our boys the Savage Rascal for Xmas, about $40 dollars more on sale.
    I decided to go with the Rascal because its just like a normal bolt action rifle.
    Yes its single shot but you dont have to pull the bolt back to cock it. It also came with an accu-trigger!! Sweet! :rockwoot:

I got my son one for Christmas, as well, and we're going to shoot it this Saturday for the first time.

If you can find one and can swing the few extra bucks, you get a lot more in the Rascal than the Crickett. The accu-trigger belongs in a much more expensive gun. Buds had them on sale awhile back, not sure if they still do or not.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

Let us know how it shoots i have a 7 year old stepdaughter and i was looking at the crickett in pink for her.:rockwoot:

The issues i have with the crickett is the pulling back of the firing pin and the trigger SUCKS! But for the $70 i paid it was well worth it to get the kid started with "his own gun like dads" and start working on the fundementals of safety and sight picture....accuracy came later with the "real" guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    downsized_0612001416.jpg

Reece having fun!

I've since updated the scope.
    I had it out last weekend and was hitting the center at 100 yds.

It had a little trouble ejecting the spent round in the past, rough chamber.
    I did a little polishing work to it and it ejects every time now.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I bought a Cricket with a pink stock for my 5 month (almost 6 months now) old daughter 3-4 weeks before she was even born. Also bought 1000 rounds of the Aguilla "primer powered" rounds for it. Went to a 1500 and found the only pink, purple and gray camo case in the whole building that was actually a Cricket branded case for 20.00...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Glad my post struck a family nerve with a few. These are the kind of shots I want for years down the road.

We'll shoot it tomorrow at Atterbury

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Glad my post struck a family nerve with a few. These are the kind of shots I want for years down the road.

We'll shoot it tomorrow at Atterbury

Shooting IS a family sport! My grandad taught my dad, my dad taught me, i taught my kids. :rockwoot:

Make SURE you get those pics my friend! Its cliche but they DO grow so quick. I wished i would have gotten more pictures of me and my eldest...but back then we could barely make rent....the gas and ammo for a camping/shooting trip was such a luxury...we couldnt even THINK about a camera or film.:(

i will be waiting for the range report and pictures from YOUR family adventure. :ingo:

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    I waited .. Honest I did

True story:::

When my wife was pregnant and we found out we were having a boy.
    I started saying I was going to buy him a gun..
    she stated I had to wait until he was at least two...

a few weekends later I went to the 1500 and picked up a cricket for him.

When I got home she said I thought we agreed you would wait until he was two..

My response..

I did .. you are in your second trimester.. therefore he is 2.. you didnt specify which 2 .. :dunno:

He is now 2 years old.. and the cricket is tucked safely away still new in the box patiently waiting for him to grow LOL

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

My response..

I did .. you are in your second trimester.. therefore he is 2.. you didnt specify which 2 .. :dunno:

He is now 2 years old.. and the cricket is tucked safely away still new in the box patiently waiting for him to grow LOL

LMAO!!!! Way to go dad!!!!!:laugh:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

My response..

the hubby did something similar.. he bought a 20GA Remington Wingmaster when I was still pregnant.. the boy is 9 and we took him out with it on Thanksgiving this year for the first time. he loved it!!

Now he is looking to sell his Cricket he's had since he was 4, just because. Hubby is thinking about taking him to the gun show this weekend and try to help him sell it there.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    You should tell him not to sell it and stick it away for grandkids someday. Or maybe tell him you all are going to buy it from him if he needs a little pocket money...lol... That way the family "heirloom" gets passed down again ;-)...
    Since I sold a great deal of my firearms from my younger days when I was with my first wife I have vowed never again to sell a firearm for any reason. If I still had all of those beautiful firearms the walk in closet I have with my current( and final) wife would not be large enough... Ahhhhh hindsight!!!

Top Bottom