• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "I do not need another... oh what the hell!" - everyone on this thread
    I told my buddy I done buying guns for at least 6 months except for 1 that if it were released I would buy immediately and another I had already planned on buying when I decide I want to hear my wife ***** about another $2k gun or I can stop buying other **** and gradually set the cash aside to pay cash.
    He called me a liar :):
    2 days later I bought a glock off an ingo member I was buying sometjjng else from and he made me a deal I just couldnt refuse .... on a caliber i dont even shoot anymore and have spoke against.
    I'm sick

At least I now have 600 rounds for a gun and caliber I'll never shoot. .40 ;)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

That is an easy answer. Just One:

Full on cajunized CZ 97.

or a Shadow 2...

or an AccuShadow...

or a Compact 75 (maybe nickel?)

or a surplus 85

but I really want a 10 mm 1911...

The 97 is going to take 10 weeks to get done, so you should order that one now while you start working the rest of the way down the list.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    :hijack:

The CZ 97 that CM put in my hands, I think, was the gun that pushed me over the edge into the CZ Kool-aid bowl even though I already had an SP-01...I don't think I'll be pacified until I have one. A really nice one. Once that makes me smile just to see it. You know that gun, right? Doesn't matter what the world thinks of it - you just like it.

My gun "collection" is approach the level that I said it would never to get to again...might need to do some thinning? or not...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

The CZ 97 that CM put in my hands, I think, was the gun that pushed me over the edge into the CZ Kool-aid bowl even though I already had an SP-01...I don't think I'll be pacified until I have one. A really nice one. Once that makes me smile just to see it. You know that gun, right? Doesn't matter what the world thinks of it - you just like it.

My gun "collection" is approach the level that I said it would never to get to again...might need to do some thinning? or not...

I shot the Wizard's personal 97 this week. You can imagine what the stuff he keeps for himself is like.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Thinning = sell $400 gun to buy $1200 gun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Sell a gun??????? What?????????? Get a grip, man!

I was think selling other stuff taking up space in the safe...watches, knives, bayonets..or just buying another safe (which is bad because when I sold off before I told my wife "I won't ever need more than one safe again". These are the statements she remembers. My plan is to find her a circa 1980's TC in a small bore and then tell her I need a new safe for HER gun...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Sell a gun??????? What?????????? Get a grip, man!

I was think selling other stuff taking up space in the safe...watches, knives, bayonets..or just buying another safe (which is bad because when I sold off before I told my wife "I won't ever need more than one safe again". These are the statements she remembers. My plan is to find her a circa 1980's TC in a small bore and then tell her I need a new safe for HER gun...

Solid plan. Your stuff is fully organized and contained. You have to expand because of her needs.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Lol.....the base gun is affordable.....then you go down the CGW rabbit hole.....
    Yeah but I go down the customizing rabbit hole with a lot of my guns. You could buy nighthawk customs for a lot of my finished AR's and some people I know in this thread who have the same things and the average person would just look at then and not see anything but an AR. But we dont own or buy them for other people. No fancy engraving or VZ or cocabolo grips ect.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One thingi really like about CZ's I'm finding is how affordable they are for what you are getting. Value for my money is important

Lol.....the base gun is affordable.....then you go down the CGW rabbit hole.....

I was going to say, more like the first hit of the dope is free or cheap, and its the addiction after that which really costs...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was going to say, more like the first hit of the dope is free or cheap, and its the addiction after that which really costs...
    Rotflmfao
    So true. That's like watches too. You're all happy with your seiko automatic made in (not thailand) Japan SKX007 and then you find out what a real swiss automatic is and it's like someone just blew a car sized hole in the damn and the damn is your wallet :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Rotflmfao
    So true. That's like watches too. You're all happy with your seiko automatic made in (not thailand) Japan SKX007 and then you find out what a real swiss automatic is and it's like someone just blew a car sized hole in the damn and the damn is your wallet :):

Note to self, stay with the Gshock... :koolaid:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. That's how I feel; I'm to the point I've got to sell 2 guns to pay for the next more expensive one.

"What's a few hours drive? You know it will be awesome." - mcapo

2. Where does this Wizard live: 3-4 hours away from Indy?

"Life is too short to live with a crappy trigger" - Birds Away

3. I've lived with crappy triggers my whole life and been happy. As long as I don't shoot a good trigger, I'll remain happy. (trying to find that thread where 2 different people said I could shoot their good triggers, but I was driving and couldn't answer and I thought it was on this thread)

4. What is it with all this Phantom love: it's a polymer gun?
    5. I looked it up and read about it. What am I missing? Does it come with a better trigger? I thought you had to get the Shadow 2 to get that.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    2. Where does this Wizard live: 3-4 hours away from Indy?

4. What is it with all this Phantom love: it's a polymer gun?

2 - It has been rumored that he resides on a mountaintop high into the clouds. Others have claimed to have spotted him in the Lafayette area but you really only know when you know.

3 - The Phantom is the polymer frame version of the SP-01 which means with a little love from parts and polishing it can be spectacular. It would seem that the core CZ group has some experience with a particular early Phantom that was on a different level of perfection after some attention from them. The rest of us are just chasing the dream.

You seem to like shooting for groups. Aside from training and practice and more training and practice, the three things you can do to tighten up a group within the mechanical limitations of the firearms are sights, smoothness of the trigger pull and weight of the pull/break. About 1000 other little things but you get the point.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom