• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I cant get the dnr site to load on my phone so i figured id ask you guys. I suddenly have the urge to go bow fishing can i do it at the salomonie resevoir? How about mississenewa river? If i can go on the river can you do it in the city like around the park.

The same questions apply for the frog giggin. And what kind of arrows do you use for frogs?

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    I've bowfished both salamonie and mississinewa resevoirs for probably 30 years. Never had any problems. Have had my fishing license checked once in all those years. It is a blast. As far as frogs go, I have never used a bow on them. My arrows would probably damage them beyond any use. Good luck, you'll love it!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Spear and Bow Fishing
    Suckers, common carp, Asian carp, gar, bowfin, buffalo and shad may be taken at the locations below with the equipment listed. There are no bag limits for these fish. See Lake Michigan for restrictions on Lake Michigan tributaries.
    Large Streams

• White River from the Wabash River upstream to the junction of East and West forks
    • West Fork of White River, upstream to the dam below Harding Street in Indianapolis
    • East Fork of White River, upstream to the dam at the south edge of Columbus
    • The Wabash River, upstream to State Road 13 at the town of Wabash
    • The Tippecanoe River, upstream to one-half mile below its confluence with Big Creek (Carroll County)
    • The Maumee River, upstream to the Anthony Boulevard Bridge in Fort Wayne
    • The Kankakee River, upstream to State Road 55 bridge
    • The St. Joseph River (upstream from Twin Branch dam) in St. Joseph and Elkhart counties
    Equipment: Fish spear, gig, spear gun, bow and arrow, underwater spear, crossbow.
    Time: All year, day or night.
    Small Streams
    Any and all streams or partial streams not listed above.
    Equipment: Bow and arrow and crossbow only.
    Non-flowing Waters
    (including lakes, ponds and reservoirs)

Equipment: Fish spear, gig, spear gun, bow and arrow, underwater spear, crossbow.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It used to be no lights on moving water but according to what I pulled from the 2013 regs online that has changed (when I don't know).
    Proly want Asian carp killed at any time and opened it up for that :)

Top Bottom