• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Three held in Palmview home invasion : News : KGBT 4

Three men are being held for a Palmview home invasion where an 11-year-old boy was shot defending his mother.

Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office deputies told Action 4 News that it happened off Minnesota Road and 8 Mile Line between Palmview and Mission around 12:30 a.m. Friday.

The homeowner said she and her 11-year-old son were in bed when she heard banging coming from the front door.

She got up to check and she saw two Hispanic males men wearing masks and armed with handguns walking towards her.

She quickly closed the bedroom door but one of the men allegedly tried to force it open.

The masked man kept telling her to open the door and she would not open the door.

The woman told deputies that the home invaders shot through the door and hit her son on the left hip area.

Her son had a 22 cal. Rifle and shot back at the alleged robbers.

The woman waited, opened the door, saw that the suspects were gone and called 911.

Deputies found blood all over the floor and noted that the front door had been knocked down.

Paramedics took the woman's 11-year-old son to the McAllen Medical Center where he’s listed in stable condition.

But deputies told Action 4 News that a man with a gunshot wound to his neck ended up at the same hospital.

Investigators said nothing was taken from the home and that the wounded suspect was taken to a hospital in San Antonio for further treatment. He remains under guard.

Criminal charges are expected to be filed against him, if he survives.

Deputies said Border Patrol agents detained two Mexican nationals who were found in the area.

The two men are being questioned about the home invasion.

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials told Action 4 News that they have filed immigration detainers against the two men.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Awesome kid, Defending the home and his family.. I hope this young man makes a full recovery.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Brave kid. Hope all goes well for him.
    The only things I'd change is him not getting shot by the BG and him shooting a 9mm carbine at the BG.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    :xmad: Alleged robbers?

Yeah, we're not sure that they intended to ROB the house. They may only have wanted to rape the mother and son, torture them for a while, and then murder them before burning the house down. There may have been no intent to rob them at all.

Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Alleged / Suspect

:xmad: Me too. I get angry everytime I see a news clipping , or a tv news story when they catch a BG in the middle of committing a crime, but still call him/her a "suspect" or use the word "alleged". Smells like :poop:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I've said it before..... "a hit with a .22 beats a miss with a .45"

Good for the boy....Mom has to be proud. I hope they both recover quickly.

Top Bottom