• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    While i have never been stupid enough to try that... hey the bb gun and 22s on a board sound like a hell of an idea!

But nothing worse than shooting each other with bbs as a kid.. too poor to afford paintball gun.. so what was the next best thing.. no face shots or crotch shot all else fair game. :)

Wow that was dumb..

Me and a friend used to have "BB gun wars" in the backyard, 3 pump limit, no face. Yeah, it was stupid.

Hitting rimfire bullets with a hammer, done it, also stupid.

Filling empty CO² cartridges with 50/50 black/smokeless powder and sticking cannon fuse in the and burying them in the backyard, lighting and running... EXTREMELY entertaining, also stupid, also painful after a neighbor called one of my parents at work...

No scars, no permanent injuries, have probably used my luck quota for the rest of my life...

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Who only has enough ammo that it fits in their gun safe? I have thousands of rounds of ammo. Not fitting in the safe unless I sell all of the guns?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My search-fu is not to good. Can someone find the YouTube video of the boy who modifies a nerf gun for .22 on dining room table? He fires it and runs fro mthe room yelling Ow! My Eye!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK Bill, I took a .12 ga shell, opened the crimp, poured out the shot and powder (I aint that dumb) clamped it in a vice in our garage and hit the primer with a nail and hammer combo. BOOM, boy was that loud, no one was home and I was a kid, so what the hey..................forget what I ddi with the shot pellets and powder, my brother would stand .22 shells on end in a small pool of lighter fluid, pop off they would shoot into the basement rafters.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Maybe we should start a "dumb things I did as a kid with guns - and lived to tell about" thread. Might be some good ones out there. Just a thought. :popcorn:

Ever hear the one about the teenager, the campfire, the propane cannister, the .22 bolt action rifle, and the sweet little fireball? What a wild imagination some of these folks have, seriously!

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Me and a friend used to have "BB gun wars" in the backyard, 3 pump limit, no face. Yeah, it was stupid.

Hitting rimfire bullets with a hammer, done it, also stupid.

Filling empty CO² cartridges with 50/50 black/smokeless powder and sticking cannon fuse in the and burying them in the backyard, lighting and running... EXTREMELY entertaining, also stupid, also painful after a neighbor called one of my parents at work...

No scars, no permanent injuries, have probably used my luck quota for the rest of my life...
    Funny how we all grew up in different places, yet discovered the same stupid things to do. I read your list, and check, check, and check.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I did the same thing when I was 6-7 years old...Put that sucker in a vise, hit the rim with a tack hammer...BOOM..

I was SURPRISED, but NO one injured...

Yea, that was 50 some years ago...Bill.

I did that too!\Me and a buddy found a rigle cartridge in the alley, chucked it up in the basement vice and detonated the primer. It blew a nice little hole in the basement wall. We didn't do that again. This was probably in 1960.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i did not do any of those things as a kid as my parents were pretty anti gun. i didnt get ahold of even an airsoft gun until i was old enough to drive myself to the store and buy it myself. my dad still does not like the fact that i shoot for fun and carry.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    i did not do any of those things as a kid as my parents were pretty anti gun. i didnt get ahold of even an airsoft gun until i was old enough to drive myself to the store and buy it myself. my dad still does not like the fact that i shoot for fun and carry.

My mom never was crazy about them, and dad was anti-unsupervised-kid-with-a-gun, but you know sometimes how kids are... My friend brought the BB guns, and ammo wasn't locked up as tight as the guns, and back then, a 13 year old could still buy .22 ammo at the hardware store or good 'ol Big Blue

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I did the same thing when I was 6-7 years old...Put that sucker in a vise, hit the rim with a tack hammer...BOOM..

I was SURPRISED, but NO one injured...

Yea, that was 50 some years ago...Bill.

A lot of us have done stupid stuff that we just got lucky on.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    when i was a kid i was never dumb enough to hit a bullet with a hammer we pointed them down the road and dropped bricks on them instead.......... i've grown up since then :D

jake

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Me and a friend used to have "BB gun wars" in the backyard, 3 pump limit, no face. Yeah, it was stupid. Yep. CHECK.

Hitting rimfire bullets with a hammer, done it, also stupid. CHECK.

Filling empty CO² cartridges with 50/50 black/smokeless powder and sticking cannon fuse in the and burying them in the backyard, lighting and running... EXTREMELY entertaining, also stupid...CHECK. We called them "crater makers."

This is the benign side of what we did when I was a kid. Growing up in rural KS, one finds interesting ways to stayed entertained. :D

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    when i was around 12 years old these people where renting a house next to ours that my dad was watching for the owners.....the renters boy which was about 14 or 15 at the time had a 12g shell in a vise on a work bench wackin' it with a hammer when the ol' man walked in and seen him doin' it.....the ol'man took the hammer from him and i thought the ol' man was goin' to beat him with it......his dad wopped him a good one when he got home!!!

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I watched this story on the news. How can we expect kids to act right after the friggin news woman and some other guy who was trying to sound knowledgeable PROCEED TO DEMONSTRATE HOW IT WAS DONE!!!! THEY USED A HAMMER AND REAL AMMO!!!
    They didn't actually pop off the round but they went right up to that point. Stupid.

Top Bottom