• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Today is my Mom's birthday. #66 to be exact. Would have been, she lost her battle with brain cancer on the 6th of this month. A few of the guy's here knew about it and waited for me to post it myself, thanks guy's!

That has had me reflecting tha past few weeks, like the "what would you do" thread in the carry and self defense forum. The family spent the week after the funeral in a camper in the woods relaxing and hunting deer! I know it's not the most conventional way to mourn but we are all at peace in the woods so it was good! Sure we are going to miss Mom with the holidays coming and all, but she is at peace and not suffering.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

I was surprised I had such good signal on my smart phone way down and out in the woods!
    Don

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Sorry to hear that Don. Glad you guys are doing well. I'm in a somewhat similar situation with my wife. She had a brain tumor removed in Sept. and will need chemo later on to get the rest of the tumor. Goodluck and there's lots of support on here.

Ryan

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The first several holidays are the most difficult. Especially the ones where the family really gets together like Thanksgiving and Christmas. One way I found myself getting through the same thing was to think about the unique things my mom always did by telling stories some of the younger family members may not have heard or reliving those they did know.

Happy Birthday to your mom.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom, thoughts and prayers sent. Happy Birthday to her.

Sounds like your family has found an excellent way to grieve, stay strong together and for each other.

I lost my dad on Dec. 9th 2005 and Christmas was a tough time (and the rest of the holidays). My family drew closer together and have helped each other out since. The pain of losing a parent never goes away, but will get easier to handle.

Cherish your memories and she will always be with you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom