• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So, this is not Jerry Lewis Telethon / Muscular Distrophy Assoc. ?? But instead Mothers Demanding Action?? Uncle Google has nothing..

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I stopped going to jiffy lube after I watched the new oil they were adding to my engine was flowing out of the oil pan. Then they lowered it and said your good to go. Uhh you might wanna have your guy check the oil level sir!
    never will go back.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Been doing this for almost as long as I have been driving.

I like to do as much work on the cars as I can.

Jiffy Lube may be "jiffy", but it has to be one of the highest priced oil changes around. Don't know why people go there so much. I gave up doing my own since my local dealership will do them for $20...with semi-synthetic oil...and a $15 coupon off my next oil change if I buy a pack of 3 oil changes for $59.99.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I stopped going to jiffy lube after I watched the new oil they were adding to my engine was flowing out of the oil pan. Then they lowered it and said your good to go. Uhh you might wanna have your guy check the oil level sir!
    never will go back.
    :+1: I do my own mechanical work. If it's more than I can handle, I have a good professional I trust.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not change my own oil but will never go to jiffy lube again after they talked my wife into a fuel filter change. The car had about 75,000 miles so it changing it for preventitive maintenence sounded reasonable. Then they charged $80 to change a fuel filter on a Taurus. One sheet metal screw and two finger clips. Takes 15 seconds. Oil change and fuel filter was over $130.00. Called the auto parts store. The good filter is $12 and they had a cheapie for $9. Not a place that will see my money again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I quit when they stripped my oil pan threads and refused to take ownership of the screw up even though I could document they were the exclusive oil changers on that vehicle for pretty much the life of it and had the invoices with the proper mileage intervals to prove it.

Yes, they were expensive, but the convenience of driving a couple miles and within 30 minutes being back on the road was worth it to me. I really dont have time to drive farther to a dealer or a walmart and be told to wait for two hours. Aint nobody got time for that!

I just wish they didnt have pretty much a lock on the industry around here. I cant think of any quick lube place around me that ISNT a Jiffy Lube. :(

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    A co-worker had a car with no air filter.

They said they changed it.

She made sure they had checked it.

They sure did, and changed it, so says the counter man.

She told them to open it up, and see.

It would have been priceless to see their reaction.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    never will go back.
    They did that to the fox Mustang of one of Mr88GT's friends. The fox bodies have TWO plugs. They pulled both, but only replaced the one.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I stopped going to "quick lube" places after I read the report of the one in Ohio that topped off transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid, all with power steering fluid.
    Several nearly new cars had sudden, catastrophic brake failure.
    The same shop that does my major repairs does my oil changes. It may cost more and take longer, but I know the workers and I trust them.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    It takes less time to change it yourself.than it.does.to.drive.somewhere.and.pay someone else to do it.

Make sure.you always change the.oil filter, ain't so.sense.I. using a.dirty.filter when you change oil. I use Mobil 1 extended performance.synthetic, and the extended.filter. oil is good for 15 K guaranteed it says
    I always change them.both in less than half that time.

For the Expensive fuel.filter.guy, I know my car costs more to.change the filter.cause it is part of the fuel pump under the rear seats. I plan on changing out the pump on my car sometime this winter.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had the mineke in beech grove not turn my key all the way when starting my car and then told me I needed a new battery because my current one just died from the time I had parked my car to go inside and set up the oil change to then their "mechanic" going out to my car and faking it.
    i said oh here let me try and it started right up. Imagine that. Pieces of ****.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I quit when they stripped my oil pan threads and refused to take ownership of the screw up even though I could document they were the exclusive oil changers on that vehicle for pretty much the life of it and had the invoices with the proper mileage intervals to prove it.

Yes, they were expensive, but the convenience of driving a couple miles and within 30 minutes being back on the road was worth it to me. I really dont have time to drive farther to a dealer or a walmart and be told to wait for two hours. Aint nobody got time for that!

I just wish they didnt have pretty much a lock on the industry around here. I cant think of any quick lube place around me that ISNT a Jiffy Lube. :(

I take the wife's van to the dealership for its oil changes (Its under warranty, and has to be done by a licensed place, yadda yadda), and its $33, all fluids checked, tires, etc, out the door in 15 minutes on average. THAT is convenient, all while I get to go drool over new cars.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    When I bought my Charger it included free lifetime oil changes. I've known guys who worked at Jiffy Lube when I was in high school and I would NEVER trust them to work on a car. EVER.

Top Bottom