• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    If you read the origins of the thread grandfathering has not been an option. They have already forced the confiscation of and surrender of factory braced guns that sold from the factory in that configuration. Also there are states that allow pistol configuration but not sbr so if you're in those states you don't have a tax stamp option, and technically a felon right now. Not only is that wrong, but the atf has proven they can and will do it. They have been pushing ever since getting the green light to self legislate. This fiasco with q will bring Sba3 into question. We're talking 5 times the numbers that bumpstocks were, easy. If you think it stops there you're diluted. It's an easy leap calling braces stocks and just as easy to say that a semi auto has to fast of a trigger that can imitate full auto fire. Every little chunk of freedom we negotiate away opens up the next chunk. It all matters, and agreeing with their intent to use as a stock enables this abuse.

" semi auto has to fast of a trigger that can imitate full auto fire"

Binary triggers next on the hit list???

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So I am guessing my braced pistol with Echo II trigger is super extra scary!

So during the bumpstock banning there was an active side discussion over certain triggers including a geissele model. Don't think for a second anything is safe in this climate.

I really hope this thread drives conversation. Idgaf if you don't have a brace, it's not about that. We are at a pivotal time in history where precedent and executive powers are running wild towards infringement. Every inch any gun owner cedes is another inch towards Canadian style regulation. Literally following their playbook. Every accessory matters, every tax stamp is unconstitutional, every freedom matters. Check your Fudd and your friend's Fudd, because they will use any butter statement that gun owners say against us.

>Fudd: believes it's OK to legislate away gun rights, cuz you don't need 30rounders to hunt. Believes civilians shouldn't have access to militia style weapons without tax stamps and government oversight. Highly dangerous to your freedoms. Has never read the 2a.

>butters: say things like "I'm all for the 2a But xxxx". Literally any statement that starts that way is going to be an attack on your rights.

It gets hot and we dig in because most of us have testosterone rot that makes us a holes. That's cool but don't give away someone else's freedom because it doesn't effect you.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    How long until we see a bunch of braced pistols up for sale in the classy's?
    I'm betting not too long.

There is a local gun auction at the end of October. In that auction is a Pak 9 AK pistol with folding brace. It will be interesting to see if a feeding frenzy occurs.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Well I mean history repeats itself. A string can only be pulled so taught. But seriously if the million+ brace owners told le to get bent when they show up for confiscation there really isn't anything they could do to enforce a ban.

But here's the thing. .Gov won't show up at the millions all at one time. They'll pick people off one at a time - with a knock at the door at first - maybe no-knock raids in the middle of the night later, if they encounter resistance. If they show up at my house, and I'm by myself, am I really going to lay down my life to keep my braced pistol? I'd like to think I would, standing on principle, but I couldn't guarantee it. It's easy to puff up and say I would, but how many of us would?

No, honestly the only way to stand up to it would be for the millions to close ranks and fight it as a group, but I really don't know what that looks like, at this point. At one time, I would have said you fight it with your vote, but that seems a little lame right now.

p.s.: One thing I won't be doing is applying for the tax stamp. It was legal when I bought it.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    But here's the thing. .Gov won't show up at the millions all at one time. They'll pick people off one at a time - with a knock at the door at first - maybe no-knock raids in the middle of the night later, if they encounter resistance. If they show up at my house, and I'm by myself, am I really going to lay down my life to keep my braced pistol? I'd like to think I would, standing on principle, but I couldn't guarantee it. It's easy to puff up and say I would, but how many of us would?

No, honestly the only way to stand up to it would be for the millions to close ranks and fight it as a group, but I really don't know what that looks like, at this point. At one time, I would have said you fight it with your vote, but that seems a little lame right now.

p.s.: One thing I won't be doing is applying for the tax stamp. It was legal when I bought it.

From another thread on these

Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    Question.

Lets just say the AR pistol is banned. What happens to the pistols one may happen to own? Not that I own any, asking for a friend. "

my reply

If they get banned step one will be virtue signaling through sheriff election cycles spring gun rights. Step 2 will be a grant from moms demand action and everytown that will pay local agencies to do sweeps. Sheriff's will get thirsty to get in on the grant and generate some local press work a photo of a cop car and some brown shirts in the rough side of town following social media hints to bust pistol owners.

Someone will get shot, they are betting on violent resistance to bolster hoople head public and drive the Fudd and butters rhetoric. "We don't need those guns Fer hunting, look at the crimes and shootins on cops just doin ther jobs.". That is why the initial confiscation grants will target low income "high crime" areas. They don't want to target anyone initially that has means to fight charges, violence against confiscation will really drive conservative support. And most sheriff 's get all hot for busting low income neighborhoods because the photos help them get reelected. Gritty getting things done photo ops, but nothing changes in those neighborhoods, more fines more poverty more petty charges stick.

So now a few people have probably been shot and the law and order crowd is jumping on the infringement train. People with more to lose quietly turn them in or destroy them. And every cop on the road starts looking through cars of people that hit from a social media algorithm. Atf agents start visiting homes offering amnesty for people they list based on customer history the subpoena from primary, PSA, Midway, Brownells, etc.. .

The system is in place this isn't conspiracy theory, it's actually probably not in depth enough.

Leo's will back the ban and confiscation orders when it gets turned into an us vs them scenario. I've seen sheriff's sign a 2a sanctuary notice, then order deputies to serve red flag orders.

So if you ever bought any pistol part online and with a card, a ban/confiscation will introduce a system that flags you.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Possible, though I am happy with our local sheriff who serves on the Friends of NRA committee and recently and very publicly changed party affiliation to Republican. In fact two other local sheriffs have as well recently.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Something I've never understood is how back in the 80s when the flood of broomhandle pistols arrived the ATF decided that reproduction stocks were OK for these guns. Granted, original stocks were much more rare than the guns themselves, but is really was making a new stock and attaching it to a pistol by any legal definition. I guess it just boils down to who is making the decision.

As has been said, the NFA isn't going anywhere unless somebody spends a monumental amount of money to remove or redefine it. It's the law and if you don't follow it they put you in jail.

Over the years I've known people who broke or tried to skirt those laws, some got lucky, others went to prison after losing their court case. Sadly there is very little leadership political, economic, or religious that likes the idea of ordinary people with guns. It's been that way for a long time and probably will never change. It's not right, but it is what it is.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    "And every cop on the road starts looking through cars of people that hit from a social media algorithm."

Not every cop. You forget that we own the same guns that non-cops do.

Sir, I'm curious if there is a consensus amongst your peers regarding what role they would or wouldn't play if .gov really got ambitious regarding confiscation. Do you guys even talk about stuff like this? If you would rather not speculate, I get it. Again, just curious.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sir, I'm curious if there is a consensus amongst your peers regarding what role they would or wouldn't play if .gov really got ambitious regarding confiscation. Do you guys even talk about stuff like this? If you would rather not speculate, I get it. Again, just curious.

We talk about it all the time. There will be a lot of out-of-work cops if the .gov tries to force us to confiscate legally-possessed firearms.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We talk about it all the time. There will be a lot of out-of-work cops if the .gov tries to force us to confiscate legally-possessed firearms.

But what if they deem something once legal, illegal, on a whim like bump stocks. What's the take on that?

For example you pull someone over and they have a bumpstock on an an AR in the trunk. Or a honey badger that is now deemed illegal by the ATF? How would you handle that situation?

I know probably not a great idea to answer that on an open forum, especially if you were going to say, "I wont enforce that draconian law"

Not trying to be a dick. Just wondering out loud.

Stay safe out there.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But what if they deem something once legal, illegal, on a whim like bump stocks. What's the take on that?

For example you pull someone over and they have a bumpstock on an an AR in the trunk. Or a honey badger that is now deemed illegal by the ATF? How would you handle that situation?

I know probably not a great idea to answer that on an open forum, especially if you were going to say, "I wont enforce that draconian law"

Not trying to be a dick. Just wondering out loud.

Stay safe out there.

I won't enforce that draconian law.

Top Bottom