• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Putting this out in the open rather than a PM so others can see your responses.

I just received a knife from someone who knows nothing about them. This brand name is new to me and the price seems a little high to me.

Company is called Impact Edged Weapons. From what I see they have a single design/style.

Retail is in the $130 range. Blade is 8CR13MOV steel with straight and serration. Backside of blade is finger knurled (think brass knuckles). Scales feel like plastic with carbon fiber toward the pivot. This is an assist opening knife similar to my ZT 301.

Frame and scales feel very light, the blade is heavy.

What can you tell me (us) about this knife, if anything?

Brad if you want to see it let me know. We can meet up or I can hit a local show.

Working on pictures, give me a few.

Last edited:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Closed I kind of like the look, open, not so much.

20150303_134955_zps4f0hwxxu.jpg

20150303_134944_zpsxn4xa3rd.jpg

20150303_134920_zpsrg5coycv.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Putting this out in the open rather than a PM so others can see your responses.

I just received a knife from someone who knows nothing about them. This brand name is new to me and the price seems a little high to me.

Company is called Impact Edged Weapons. From what I see they have a single design/style.

Retail is in the $130 range. Blade is 8CR13MOV steel with straight and serration. Backside of blade is finger knurled (think brass knuckles). Scales feel like plastic with carbon fiber toward the pivot. This is an assist opening knife similar to my ZT 301.

Frame and scales feel very light, the blade is heavy.

What can you tell me (us) about this knife, if anything?

Brad if you want to see it let me know. We can meet up or I can hit a local show.

Working on pictures, give me a few.

I have never heard of this company, but based on several factors that I can obtain from your description and picture, I would be very leery of this knife. First, the blade steel is 8CR13MOV, which is a cheap China steel, which would lead me to believe that this is a cheaply made China knife that someone is marketing (re-branding) with a semi cool name. The handle material appears to be G-10 and carbon fiber, but there are a lot of materials that can have the appearance of carbon fiber and not be carbon fiber (China knives are known for this). At $130.00 it is way over priced. I see no practical use in this design......it's look/design is to attract the ninja crowd. :twocents:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Had already seen that. What they claim the blade to be and what is marked on the blade are two separate things. I posted what is marked on the blade.
    They give no mention of where the knife is made on their website, after breaking out the magnifying glass I found R.O.C. on the blade. That is China.

While I didn't find, or go to the Impact Edge Weapon's website, my opinion was based on the description and picture that the OP presented to me.

I'm not surprised that the info on this company's website does not correlate with the knife that the OP presented in this thread. Here in the last 3 years or so, the number of fakes, counterfeits, and knives that are being misrepresented has exploded in the knife world. I see this just about every weekend at the gun and knife shows I attend. Companies like Ravencrest, World Class Blades, and others will tell you that their products or the parts, are USA made, when in fact they are China made knives with China made parts. Basically what these companies do is buy cheap China made knives, then add their logo and possibly a few other cosmetic details to the knife, and then they are less than honest (misrepresenting) about what they are selling. I call this sales tactic “re-branding to misrepresent”. Usually the prices on these re-branded knives are two to three times more than what you can buy them for before they have been re-branded. The internet is no different, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of companies/people re-branding cheap knives, and then misrepresenting what they really are......it's disgusting! :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom