• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Love the series of Scott Harvath, Not to turn this into a book thread but who else writes similar books. I'm a lee child fan but I really want more Harvath and Rapp in my books.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You might like Robert Crais and his Joe Pike character (and Elvis Cole, World's Greatest Detective). Vince Flynn has Mitch Rapp. Lee Child has Jack Reacher. Some of Stephen Hunter's books (I, Sniper) are good too.

All of them get MOST of the gun stuff straight. All of them also make gun stuff mistakes. But unless you are extra-anal, they are all good plots and well-told stories.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    You might like Robert Crais and his Joe Pike character (and Elvis Cole, World's Greatest Detective). Vince Flynn has Mitch Rapp. Lee Child has Jack Reacher. Some of Stephen Hunter's books (I, Sniper) are good too.

All of them get MOST of the gun stuff straight. All of them also make gun stuff mistakes. But unless you are extra-anal, they are all good plots and well-told stories.

thanks,

OOps on the REacher thing, but three listed are fun books, a little over the top sometimes but hero's are supposed to be more than they really are,

If the jacket will make be as much of a tough guy as Brad Thor writes about I'm in lol

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Vince Flynn, as mentioned above. I've read everything by both him and Thor. There are several "series" by Cussler that are in the same vein: the NUMA series, Oregon Files, and Dirk Pitt. Some are hit-n-miss, since they are all collaborations.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Love the series of Scott Harvath, Not to turn this into a book thread but who else writes similar books. I'm a lee child fan but I really want more Harvath and Rapp in my books.

Vince flynn passed away, so who knows if there is one more coming. But his books are awesome! Brad Taylor is also good. Reading him now. (Ok, not hile i am typing this, but ...)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hasn't anyone heard of K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid...why complicate s***.

I don't know how much gear you carry on a daily basis but I and many others here carry a ton of ****. Putting everything into one jacket would seem to follow the KISS principle would it not? That being said I would not keep my gun IN my jacket because it seems like I am always taking it off indoors or in the afternoon when it warms up.

Top Bottom